Re: Sims Mobile asks for update but there isn't one.

by 203fe544b93cd24ce709f5551cdefcd7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims Mobile asks for update but there isn't one.

Sims Mobile brings up a "more fun awaits" click to update pop up, when I click on it, it takes me to Android app page for the game but doesn't show an update.

It just says uninstall or play as the only options. Started on 4/26.

Any help?

Message 1 of 9 (1,634 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@203fe544b93cd24ce709f5551cdefcd7

I don’t think uninstalling helps if the game is updated to the higher iOS version, you cannot ‘downgrade’ your cloud save.

The published game versions should be the same in order you to be able to continue with the Android. So, I think you have to wait for the next update which should be coming in 2 weeks, after the Treasure Hunt is over.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,478 Views)

All Replies

Screenshots

Message 2 of 9 (1,590 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there @203fe544b93cd24ce709f5551cdefcd7 

From the Google Play Store, if you head into the Updates tab, you can scroll through your apps that need updating and check for Sims Mobile there. Are you seeing an option there to update the game? 

solaire.png

Message 3 of 9 (1,580 Views)

Unfortunately it is not listed there. The only app that show needed updating is a Google app. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,562 Views)

I've also uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it still takes me to the update box in game. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi, any chance you play with 2 devices iOS and Android? This kind of pop up has previously come for players who have played with 2 devices when the game has had different versions published for iOS and Android.

I play with iPad and the latest published game version is 32.0.2 but when I checked Google Play’s version number for the game it seems to be 32.0.1.

Message 6 of 9 (1,503 Views)

@Ilois4 Yes. I have it on an Android tablet and an iPhone. Is there a fix you know of. Can I uninstall the iPhone?
Message 7 of 9 (1,498 Views)

Hero

I don’t think uninstalling helps if the game is updated to the higher iOS version, you cannot ‘downgrade’ your cloud save.

The published game versions should be the same in order you to be able to continue with the Android. So, I think you have to wait for the next update which should be coming in 2 weeks, after the Treasure Hunt is over.

Message 8 of 9 (1,479 Views)

@Ilois4 We!! That sucks, but at least that gives me some insight. Thanks for the help!
Message 9 of 9 (1,470 Views)