Re: SIMS 3 EXPANSIONS MISSING

by GMGamerGirl

Original Post

Re: Missing Content

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this will help....but it's a link to the EA help forum, where others are having the same issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-expansions-missing/m-p/6068657#U6068657

Message 101 of 155 (908 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this will help, but there's a similar thread covering a lot of these issues on the EA Help forum here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-expansions-missing/m-p/6068657#U6068657

The thread covers some of the issues regarding the missing expansions from both Origin, and the launcher, along with instructions on what to do for both.

Regards, and hope your issues are resolved soon.

Message 102 of 155 (1,149 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope still nothing their "solution" doesn't work!!!!

Message 103 of 155 (1,126 Views)

Re: Sims - Missing Expansions

★★★ Newbie

Just went to play my game today and the entire base game was deleted. I just called customer service, it's going to take some time to sort it out. They can see it was deleted on their end but for what reason, they don't know, and they said it's en entire appeal process...for a game that deleted itself off of my account, that I paid for a year ago. What a let down.

Message 104 of 155 (1,143 Views)

★ Apprentice

yeah, this happened to me right now, they said I downloaded illegally, but I bought it on ebay, so IDk, they want us to buy it from them. that's messed up. 

Message 105 of 155 (1,114 Views)

Sims 3 Seasons missing from origin

★★★★ Novice

I went to play the Sims 3 today and noticed that I was missing outerwear as an option in CAS so I figured I had just forgotten to check Seasons on the launcher or that it didn't show up because I regularly have that problem and repairing the game seems to fix it. I went and repaired the game and checked the launcher but Seasons still wasn't there so I looked under the extra content and all the expansions were there except Seasons. I've heard people are experiencing chargebacks and since I bought a code off eBay for Seasons and Showtime I figured that's what's going on but I never received an email stating anything like that. The weird part is Showtime is still there so my main question is: is this a chargeback? Because if it is I'll be furious, I've had this expansion since July 2015 so why decide to do something about it now? I should note that all the other expansion packs I got as gifts from a friend.

Message 106 of 155 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@littlemissminnie wrote:

This is coming off the back of a phone call to customer service — four of my expansions, despite saying they're installed, have disappeared from my games launcher. Upon researching countless forums, and the phone call, it seems to be because four of my expansion codes were purchased on ebay they've been blocked. The adviser I spoke to said he'd escalate the case to get my games reauthorised however, like many others, I suspect I'm about to receive a fairly unjust, and frankly quite rude, email basically labelling me a criminal. This is utterly ridiculous considering those games were bought from someone who made himself out to be a verified seller and had a reputation that backed that claim up. I would never have bought them knowing this was illegal or broke any rules and why would I? Someone posted that EA, as per policy, are supposed to email customers giving them 30 days notice as per section 8 (Termination and Other Sanctions) however, having checked my emails, this was not done and instead, after issuing the newest Origin update, the expansions/games were seized leaving customers confused, frustrated and searching for answers — answers that left even more confusion and a rather stinging criminal label. Surely, EA, you should be punishing the sellers that are selling these codes not the innocent people that are buying them in good faith. We're not at fault here, the sellers are. I, and several others, have bought from one in particular: cgsonline. Surely EA  could target cgsonline and Keith Roberts instead? Work alongside ebay, get your money back that way, target someone who has intentionally ripped you off. I've spent hundreds on my game — base game, expansions, sim points; and I don't even deserve an email explaining what's happened, who's at fault, or what I can do to rectify it? Instead nothing.

C'mon, EA, lets sort this out as friends.  

I can't even get a refund as per ebay's refund policy as they were bought last year.

Here's an updated reply from EA

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inability to access Sims 3 Expansions.

After reviewing your case, we found that your game was purchased from a third-party retailer who has requested that the code should be disabled.

You can resolve this issue by contacting the retailer.

You can review the full Terms of Service at http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Not happy, I decided to request a call back from EA and I got one back in seconds. After giving me the atypical 'it was bought from a third party, this is a breach in our policies' reply. I found it necessary to barrage the adviser with "the third party seller is no longer active on ebay, no longer communicating and has rather villainously scampered off into the horizon with my money and yours so, rather than stall with punishing innocent people who have been just as hoodwinked as you, why not be the big brave heroic games company and chase after this nefarious con artist and save the day?" (I'll even stitch you a cape, EA) 

My reply? Silence, long silence and then "what do you expect us to do?" Um. Well. Let's see how about contacting ebay and paypal and play a game called catch the fraudster and get your money back. 

Here's a tip though, EA, when someone calls you out on you breaching your own terms and conditions (where was my 30 day warning email before you purged my games?) tell your adviser not to give silence and stutters not only is it unprofessional it's a sign of being caught red handed. You're just as in the wrong you breached your own terms and conditions out of absolute spite. You're were deliberately underhanded by putting out an update to purge games on innocent people who had no idea what was going on and that's monumentally unfair.

Shame on you.

Your shady  reputation is one hundred percent justified.

Message 107 of 155 (1,045 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I like how it says solved, when from what I've read, it isn't.

i'm having this problem with IP, which I bought last year. I don't understand how updates can be as selective as this as I was only building a resort in Bridgeport yesterday. Origin says its installed, and so does the control panel on my PC, except the size details aren't given. And I know it can't be down to the starter pack issue because that's what I bought to begin in the first place. Plus, I installed it a whole year before officially installing IP, which was about 6 months after purchase as I got addicted to Sims 4. I've just found this issue after yet another Origin update and don't want the hassle of starting my Bridgeport file all over again, and rebuilding the Mountain Resort (Buena vista) again. I say this because I have a great story plan for my main Sim who will take her talents from acting to managing a luxury resort at the base of Bridgeport's Celebrity Hills; and most of her wardrobe is from IP. Why does it have to happen now when I'm gearing up to expand my S3 collection?!

Message 108 of 155 (1,022 Views)

★★ Apprentice

WELL SAID littlemissminnie WELL SAID!!!!!!

:eahigh_file::eahigh_file:

Message 109 of 155 (1,000 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs not showing in Library or Sims 3 launcher

★★★ Newbie

I clicked on the sims 3 game in origin and clicked on repair and that seemed to work for me as it was not showing up in the game launcher after I downloaded it on Origin.

Message 110 of 155 (662 Views)