Sims 4 won't work after the newest update.

by stephap76

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't work after the newest update.

★★★★ Novice

So origin updated the sims 4 this morning, I know it's the basements and patches but now it won't launch. I click to open it and the icon comes up on my taskbar but it fails to launch and i have to shut it down. I play the sims for long amounts of time so this is very frustrating. Hoping theres something I can do to fix it as I'm seriously annoyed at the moment.

Message 1 of 62 (80,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won't work after the newest update.

★★★★★ Novice
Thank you so much for getting back to me I found the culprit as I was researching the problem on EA website I came across a post it had a link to mod the sims a couple of the other members had the same problem I followed the link and downloaded mod conflict detector.. I then opened it and it showed me the problem some of the mods had to be removed once I did that my game started working so thank you for your help it was really appreciate it

View in thread

Message 35 of 62 (59,062 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff
Message 2 of 62 (80,477 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

when it says to exit origin, they really mean logout and restart origin

@EA_Kristi wrote:

Could you please try the steps in the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/INFO-Games-not-opening-after-latest-Origin-update/td-p/4435504

Message 3 of 62 (80,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

I follow the Steps and My Sims 4 still well not go past the Screen Page loads and gets Stuck on Title Page.

Message 4 of 62 (80,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, this same thing happens to me. It just gets stuck on the Title page.

It does work after I take all my mods & cc out, but I've never had a problem with that stuff before, so could it be that I have too much cc, somehow? I'm not sure how much you can actually have, since I've never used mods or cc before The Sims 4. But it's not like it takes forever to load or anything, it doesn't even start. It just opens, shows the title, then freezes and I have to like force close it. Am I going to have to play without cc? Frown Frown

Message 5 of 62 (80,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i cant play either i updated and i cant play at all it freezes on the title page. i am getting a new macbook and i hope this dosent happen to it again. i have to give my old pc to my little sis and i want it to work before cos she also likes the sims and i want to give her my old account. i found out that if i restart my computer and close all files and undowload the custom content it will work but i am dissapionted because none of the things work.Confusedmileysad:

Message 6 of 62 (79,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same exact issue, I read this and took my cc out and now it works for me too...I want my cc... D: Someone help!

Message 7 of 62 (79,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

ashleyislamemeow have you tried this step, right click on the game in Origin, select Game Properties, and tick disable Origin In Game, restart Origin and make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights.

If dont work then ,try a Clean Boot: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/  and then run a repair on the game by right clicking the game tile in Origin client and selecting the Repair Game option.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 62 (79,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I installed the update. My daughters played with the update for about two hours. They saved their games, then I loaded one of my save games, added a house from the gallery, and started to play. The game froze on a loading screen in game. I did ctrl alt del and found that sims 4 was not responding, so I ended it. When I tried to reload the game, it only loads the maxis/ea title logo, then hangs on the loading plumbob. I have tried repair game, nothing. I have removed my mods folder, nothing. I have restarted my computer, nothing. I have removed cache files, nothing. My other games through origin work just fine. This problem is exclusively happening with Sims 4. I followed the tips listed on other forums as well as this one, nothing.

I am beyond frustrated. I cannot imagine another solution. I really do not want to uninstall and reinstall the game. 

Edit: I did rename the files and it made my game work again. But that means I lost all previous saved games and it was like starting new again.
Later, I had the same problem recurr. I contacted Help through Origin. The person who called me told me my video driver was outdated, on my 6 month old computer. I had already updated windows drivers, but I was told I needed to go to the website for my specific video driver. It took four hours for it to install. Once it was done, my problem was solved and I haven't run into this problem again. Of course, it's all brand new and I was unable to restore previously saved games. But I can play the game now, and that's good.

Message 9 of 62 (79,808 Views)

★★ Novice

Some custom content and mods aren't compatible with the new patch, but you could try to find more recent and/or reliable custom content.

Message 10 of 62 (79,354 Views)