Re: Sims 4, PC to Mac

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4, PC to Mac

★★★ Newbie

Soooo, I've had the Sims 4 for at least a year, but when my PC died I got a mac. Now I really want to play the Sims again but in the origin library, its grey and I can't even download it. First I thought this was because of my mac, but I've found the disk and the info card and It should be compatible with Mac. If I click on the Sims 4 in my library it says its only for windows.

I also tried redeeming the code for Mac, but it says its already redeemed. 

Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@IBVAAEHBMN01 Have you installed the game, if so can you try to repair it? You can secondary click on the greyed out icon to bring up some options.

If that does not help can you try the following:

1. Open you Applications folder and right click on the Sims 4 app after which you can select Show Package Contents.
  2. Head to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Once there, right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash.  If there is any other filse in the folder than The Sims 4.par, leave it be.
  4. Open  Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (285 Views)

All Replies

@IBVAAEHBMN01

Make sure that you have the Mac platform included in the filters, top right corner of your Game Library window.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apparently I don't have a Sims 4 for mac in my library, still, I should be able to play it right? 

Message 3 of 4 (281 Views)

Community Manager

@IBVAAEHBMN01 Have you installed the game, if so can you try to repair it? You can secondary click on the greyed out icon to bring up some options.

If that does not help can you try the following:

1. Open you Applications folder and right click on the Sims 4 app after which you can select Show Package Contents.
  2. Head to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Once there, right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash.  If there is any other filse in the folder than The Sims 4.par, leave it be.
  4. Open  Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)