by fazzybtw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

While ago, when I tried to play apex from my steam account it asked me to sign up again, after doing so I'm receiving code on my email and I have to connect it everytime I try to play apex legends and it wasn't like that before, how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 17 (4,383 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sign up everytime I try to log in

Community Manager

@fazzybtw 

Hmm, gotcha. I'm wondering if there's something that's happening with the EA Account itself in that case. I'm afraid that account issues aren't something we can look into over Answers HQ, though. When you have a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account and see if they can spot what might be happening. 

For more details on how you can set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 17 (4,234 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @fazzybtw

Are you currently using a VPN or anything like that?

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 17 (4,311 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nope.

Message 3 of 17 (4,300 Views)

Community Manager

@fazzybtw 

Hmm, gotcha. What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Apex Legends? I'm curious if there might be something else running that's causing the game to signal that it needs to send you a login verification email. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. If you're still having trouble afterward please let me know. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 17 (4,272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't feel safe doing clean boot all by myself, I'm pretty sure there's no programs installed or any kind of tasks running in the background that'd keep my game to keep me asking for sign up everytime I open it...

Message 5 of 17 (4,263 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also, I tried opening the game from my friend's steam account on the same pc and the game just asked me to continue instead of registering.

Message 6 of 17 (4,245 Views)

Community Manager

@fazzybtw 

Hmm, gotcha. I'm wondering if there's something that's happening with the EA Account itself in that case. I'm afraid that account issues aren't something we can look into over Answers HQ, though. When you have a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account and see if they can spot what might be happening. 

For more details on how you can set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 17 (4,235 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem. Got so tired of it i swapped back to origin so it would work properly. The only fix I've found is to turn off your 2fa. I turned it off since i know there is no one logging into my account other than me and if there ever is i can catch it really fast. I suggest not turning 2fa but this is the only fix I've found.

Message 8 of 17 (3,712 Views)

Community Manager

@xoRyder 

That's definitely weird. If you reactivate 2FA it just starts doing the same thing again? 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 17 (3,659 Views)

★ Novice

yeah, I've tried swapping back to 2fa and it's like it needs to re-login every time I load up. Since they don't get the 2fa code automatically it prompts you to register again.

Message 10 of 17 (3,624 Views)