Re: Severe input lag for players in the East

by RC1985RA

Original Post

Severe input lag for players in the East

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have a very major problem on online games which isn't experienced by players in Europe and the US. My inputs are registered with about 1 second of delay, as you can see on this video:

Input lag 

This means that I cannot:

1. select a moving unit. Instead I have to make a selection box.

2. attack a moving unit

3. set primary building or deploy a unit unless I really slow down my double clicking

4. from 1 and 2, this means my tanks don't fire in a tank fight while the enemy is busy firing at mine, and my tanks do nothing when the enemy is swarming my base.

I posted this on EA's bug forum, and nothing after a week. I did a live chat with EA's support team and all they gave was a general troubleshooting link and oh go do port forwarding, and the ports that should be opened according to the link are all very general ports, such as port 80, which is already open by default else you can't get into any http site on the internet.

Browsing through this forum, I noticed that other EA games are having this issue and again, EA only says check with your ISP. There is nothing going on with my ISP, I had already checked with them, the required ports are open and I have a 1GBps connection, wired.

IF there are any fixes please let me know because quite frankly EA doesn't seem interested to solve it.

Message 1 of 5 (730 Views)

★ Pro
@RC1985RA
What country are you in, it might just be due to the lack of a Local Server. Middle-East locations such as Israel get this a lot.
Message 2 of 5 (719 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm in Singapore. Surely servers should be placed worldwide to ensure everyone has an equally pleasant experience?

Also I heard EA is rolling out LAN in the next patch, will this solve the location issue?

Message 3 of 5 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@RC1985RA
OK, you're in the almost worst spot then by the sound of it. There are no Servers over there as far as I know. Your Local Server is I think Indonesia (East Java). If that's not right, then China (HK) or Japan (Tokyo).

I'm not an Expert, I might be completely wrong, but I think that information is accurate though.

Edit:

The reason I think it might be Japan (Tokyo) is because I get a half decent connection to Japan Servers, and when on Battlefield 4, I'm able to keep up reasonably well with the other players without too much LAG (though I get some). I'm in Continental Europe, and I get a bad connection to my more Local Servers, no prizes for guessing why.

Edit 2:

Corrected a Grammatical Error I made.

Message 4 of 5 (651 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GENERALZOOL Well then it really does seem that EA doesn't have the intention to fix it. Considering that most people play campaign missions and not much of multiplayer, I can see why. My only last hope is that LAN mode thing they mentioned in the upcoming patch.
Message 5 of 5 (603 Views)