Severe framerate drops in Multiplayer

by Grombald

Original Post

Re: Severe framerate drops in Multiplayer

★★ Apprentice

since the patch yesterday i get considerable fewer fps than before.

what i found is that my vega56 doesnt clock fullspeed anymore its running at around 1250 mhz instead of 1550 mhz while playing thus considerable lower fps

Message 31 of 69 (1,125 Views)

★ Guide

@Grombald wrote:

I am actually thinking to replace the i5 with the i7-4790K (which is the fastest CPU for socket 1150) but we are talking here about a game that runs perfectly in Singleplayer, and I could play BF1 with no problem, as well as e.g. ARMA 3 with houndrets of AI soldiers on the map and the ARMA series is not famous for their performant engine. And this error also occurs on high end systems. This is not hardware related. There is a bug somewhere in the networking or handling of other player's figures. Maybe there is a malicious interaction between the game and a driver or an API. But that is nothing we as the players could fix.

same happened to me in battlefield 3 , same exact thing you are talking about, i was on AMD bulldozer with 7970 having same issue only in MP, i changed processor to intel 4770k and everything got just fine.

Message 32 of 69 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@NiceExtraAngel wrote:
It seems for me the issue has narrowed down to gpu (gtx1060) usage, when an mp match is loading resources usage is fine, but when the game starts the gpu usage just drops and stays at 20ish % while the fps remains at 10ish, hover the cpu and ram usage for me seems fine

I disagree as it is happening to me on my AMD I do agree with what you say about everything else ... as soon as MP map is nearly loaded you just watch your FPS count down and level out at 12 FPS for me 

Message 33 of 69 (1,089 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Grombald wrote:

I am actually thinking to replace the i5 with the i7-4790K (which is the fastest CPU for socket 1150) but we are talking here about a game that runs perfectly in Singleplayer, and I could play BF1 with no problem, as well as e.g. ARMA 3 with houndrets of AI soldiers on the map and the ARMA series is not famous for their performant engine. And this error also occurs on high end systems. This is not hardware related. There is a bug somewhere in the networking or handling of other player's figures. Maybe there is a malicious interaction between the game and a driver or an API. But that is nothing we as the players could fix.

Don’t waste your money mate. It’s not CPU I’m sure of it. I’m on i7 6770 and I still get the same problems.

Message 34 of 69 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Meant it as in i have a gtx1060, but the issue is gpu usage
Message 35 of 69 (1,068 Views)

★ Guide

Had my own thread but i'll just put in my account for the record.

Got old gear Gtx 760 // intel i7-3770

Bf1 ran at a smooth 60fps for me no drops whatsoever. Bf5 open beta gave me a smooth 60 as well.

Now ever since the 9th release the frame rate has gotten progressively worse, unplayable at this point. Every driver that comes out just makes the fps even worse. tried everything on these forums to fix.

Pls i just want to play Disappointed

Message 36 of 69 (1,064 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 37 of 69 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried that, don't have experience installed, all background services off, overclocked my Intel 4770k to 4.2Ghz from 3.9Ghz, got No firewall. only Malwarebytes wich was disabled. tried all stuff on knowledgebase. got Asus STRIX 1060 6GB OC. got DDR3 1600Mhz if thats the issue perphaps?..

Message 38 of 69 (1,028 Views)

EA DICE Team

Heya, a bit of weird workaround that you can try.

1. Go to the installation folder for Battlefield V.
  2. Checked the "disable fullscreen optimizations" box on both executables.
  3. Then I switched the game to use DX11 instead of DX12
  4. Do you see any improvement?

let me know how that works out for you. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 39 of 69 (1,015 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic It makes no difference.

Message 40 of 69 (1,004 Views)