Re: Severe framerate drops in Multiplayer

by Glordit

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I also tried the new driver (416.94) to no success.

You know EA, there is a time for every bug to occur. And the time for a game-breaking bug is definitely the Alpha or maybe the Beta if you feel lucky. But definitely not the pre-release for people who paid 100 bucks for your access thing because they wanted not only to benefit from this indeed practical program but also wanted to play BFV with their friends who all have access premium and can play without a problem. I feel betrayed. Things like this must not happen.

Message 21 of 69 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
the new update has brought no improvement
Message 22 of 69 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It seems for me the issue has narrowed down to gpu ((in my case) gtx1060) usage, when an mp match is loading resources usage is fine, but when the game starts the gpu usage just drops and stays at 20ish % while the fps remains at 10ish, hover the cpu and ram usage for me seems fine

Message 23 of 69 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
What surprised me is, it has worked for me the first 1-2 games, then no more, but nothing was changed.
Message 24 of 69 (1,272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm encountering the same problem.

The perfoverlay graph however, shows around 50ms frametime for the CPU and 10-13ms for the GPU.

With a 50ms delay you get around 20FPS @ 1080p. It seems the CPU is not being fully utilized. Switching between Low and Ultra settings doesn't affect the performance at all.

System:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU: Palit GTX 1070Ti

RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3200 CL14

Message 25 of 69 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice

agreed, having all the same issues, it feels like we paid to have access to do more testing for them before "official" release.

Message 26 of 69 (1,255 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does anybody have the problem with AMD GPU?

Is the problem only with Nvidia GPU?

Message 27 of 69 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Got a AMD GPU and CPU and getting anything from 24 fps to 70 fps when playing Multiplayer.

Edit: Have tried both DX12 and DX11 and both times my frame rate drops dramatically into the 20's and 30's. Future Frame Rendering On/Off also seems to make little difference. Limiting the GPU memory on DX11 makes no difference, while on DX12 the game will crash with a "ran out of video memory" error. 

Seems like the the CPU is being pegged at 100% where as the GPU is doing nothing. 

Message 28 of 69 (1,199 Views)

★ Guide

@Grombaldtry to see your GPU usage graph in MSI afterburner, if it is dipping below 90% your card is most probably getting bottle necked , if its the case, try over clocking a bit or replacing with some i7 or equivalent .

Message 29 of 69 (1,184 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am actually thinking to replace the i5 with the i7-4790K (which is the fastest CPU for socket 1150) but we are talking here about a game that runs perfectly in Singleplayer, and I could play BF1 with no problem, as well as e.g. ARMA 3 with houndrets of AI soldiers on the map and the ARMA series is not famous for their performant engine. And this error also occurs on high end systems. This is not hardware related. There is a bug somewhere in the networking or handling of other player's figures. Maybe there is a malicious interaction between the game and a driver or an API. But that is nothing we as the players could fix.

Message 30 of 69 (1,158 Views)