Severe Lagging PS4

by comicsanmc

Original Post

Severe Lagging PS4

★★ Novice

Consistently getting sporadic lagging on Apex over the last two weeks. Consistent because I'll experience is every match. Sporadic because it might happen for 6 seconds 15 times in a single match or it might be 2 seconds of lag 3 times. 

I've been religiously running speed tests and latency tests from my laptop to St. Louis since that's the server I connect to from Omaha, NE. Latency tests come back clean, always 30 or under. Testmy.net has me connecting in the range of 40mbps to 75mbps. The amounts of rubber banding I see does not seem to correlate with local usage, I'll see the rubber banding at 10AM on a weekday, 4PM, and 2AM. I've powercycled my router several times and reached out to my ISP to ask them to reset the connection from their end. No change. 

I've uninstalled Apex and reinstalled, I'm playing from an installed disk on my PS4 vs the free download (had to get my girl lifelines skin). Connected via ethernet to the PS4. 

I'm out of ideas and Apex has been my favorite game for over a year, not sure what else to do outside of buying a new PS4. My PS4 was purchased in new in March 2017 if that helps/is relevant. 

Message 1 of 7 (408 Views)

Re: Severe Lagging PS4

Community Manager

Hi there, @comicsanmc.

I'll try to help find out why you're lagging so much. It sounds like you've done some troubleshooting on your own already so we'll try not to repeat those. Let's see how your connection is to our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions here. Make sure you run this on a wired connection. It would be best to pull the cord from your PS4 and plug it into your laptop. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 7 (342 Views)

★★ Guide

sometimes it could be cuz of the router or DNS

change ur DNS to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 and try ..don't forget to DMZ the ip of the console on CP of the router 

Message 3 of 7 (333 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port  and I can't find my adapter, the following tests were from the wireless less than 1ft from the router, not sure how skewed the results will be:

Message 4 of 7 (296 Views)

★★ Novice
@NAGAAATO Added the google dns, solid suggestion, I'll see if the behavior changes
Message 5 of 7 (287 Views)

★★ Novice

Played a few more rounds after swapping to google dns, unfortunately the behavior is still evident. 

Message 6 of 7 (261 Views)

Community Manager

@comicsanmc 

Since you play on a wired connection, the test needs to be on one as well. Wireless is just too different so those results won't help. Can you try opening the ports for Apex? They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 7 (232 Views)