Re: SWGOH wont connect to Google play account.

by LadyProxee

Original Post

Several players can't log in after update

★★ Novice

Several of our players that are in discord have not been able to log in since the latest update and about 10-15 that aren't active on discord have been inactive in game since the update. 

I had the same trouble this morning but after about an hour it came right. 

Things we've tried:

1. Force close game, clear cache, restart phone, no result. 

2. Uninstall and reinstall,  no result. 

When trying to log on get a "New client available" message which opens play store, update already complete, so you press "Open" only to get frozen at the "loading assets" screen. Restart game, repeat above process. 

Please help, seeing TW defense was a nightmare. 

Message 1 of 5 (457 Views)

★★ Novice

How do you uninstall Google play? I only managed to clear data & cache and uninstall google play updates. No option to uninstall Google Play itself. I am unable to log into my SWGOH game. Have tried 3 different devices & 2 different accounts. The game freezes on the Loading Assets Splash Screen - short before it's supposed to connect to google games. EA support could not help me. It seems to be a google play issue. Any help would be appreciated - it's been like this since the last game update.

Message 2 of 5 (387 Views)

Re: Several players can't log in after update

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue on both my accounts. EA support could not assist me and it's pointing to a google play issue. Any help/fix would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5 (428 Views)

★★ Novice
They included a fix in the recent game update so all working again! Sadly missed out on several days login and gameplay - very frustrating!
Message 4 of 5 (341 Views)

Re: Several players can't log in after update

★★ Novice
They included a sneaky fix in today's game update. All working for me again. Rather upset that the developers did not admit the issue and seem to be pretending that it never happened. Lost days worth of login rewards and game time ... :/
Message 5 of 5 (333 Views)