Set up for the most FPS in BFV

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Set up for the most FPS in BFV

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Updated...  I put this topic into part 1 and Part 2 in part 2  I will put a group of settings to use for the 20..RTX video cards. As well as programs to keep off a PC with settings to use to keep your FPS as high as they can be and your PC stable. The part 1 section is for the PC having a harder time with BFV with FPS...

Part 1..

All of this was tested on Dx11 and Dx12 Last part only works on Dx11 it will work in Dx12 if you remove one line see below ... last part in part 1 ... Take note I am still pushing for more FPS to check back as I update this post.

First step open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview 

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next in Nvidia control panel go to .. manage 3D settings add BFV and make sure this in in place....

BATTLEFIELD V NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS:

• Anistropic filtering: Off
  • Antialiasing – FXAA: Off
  • Antialiasing – Gamma correction: Off
  • Antialiasing – Mode: Off
  • Antialiasing – Setting: None
  • Antialiasing – Transparency: Off
  • Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
  • Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
  • Shader Cache: On
  • Texture filtering – Anistropic sample option: Off
  • Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Allow
  • Texture filtering – Quality: High performance
  • Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization: Off
  • Threaded optimization: ON 
  • Triple buffering: Off
  • Vertical sync: Off

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game.

Next step in game video settings advanced .....

Make sure frame rate limiter is set  to 200

future  frame rendering- off --you can put this on for a few fps but you will get input lag and makes it more harsh to get a kill.

vertical  sync- off

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set everything to custom or low <--I use low as I want FPS over eye candy.

Under  video Basic ....

motion blur set to 0

For windows 8.1 do steps in the video link minis the DX12 for Windows 10 turn on DX12 do above steps as well as follow this video and do his steps but I would still keep future  frame rendering- off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k5wipJmMcg

To make a cfg for steps below please do this....

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3 or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BFV

7- Add settings below to help fps as well to this cfg....

Below will only work on Dx11 Last part add this below to the FPS cfg you made and start the game to test if you like it or not. At the very end of this topic I put haw to make a FPS cfg...

For this to work on Dx12 remove the line...  WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 Or set  it to 1 and your game will load correct. 

PostProcess.DofMethod 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOMethod 0
Render.VSyncFlashTestEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapResolution 0
WorldRender.FilmicEffectsEnable 0
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
RenderDevice.StereoConvergenceScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSeparationScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSoldierZoomConvergenceScale 0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2... For 20xx RTX cards

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game. ___Make sure you turn both OFF

Open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next step in game video settings advanced in BFV .....

DXR enabled OFF sorry its still making crashing in BFV and not worth keeping it on just yet.

Nvidia DLSS OFF

High Dynamic Range OFF

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- off

vertical sync- off

UI Upscasling AUTO

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set graphics quality to custom

Everything on med or low play with it see what works best for your PC but stuff below...

Mesh Quality is on Ultra

Antialiasing post processing is on TAA LOW

Ambient Occlusion is OFF

FX amount is on LOW

DXR you cant turn off its on Ultra

Under Basic Video settings do this for settings in BFV

motion blur set to 0
Under video Basic ....
ADS Fild of View - OFF

ADS DOF Effects OFF

Chromatic Aberration OFF

Vignette OFF

Lens Distortion OFF

If you still have issues look at programs on your PC and try a clean boot to try and pinpoint the program making issues ..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It could also be Armoury Crate , Discord overlay 1-If you have discord installed turn off overlay..settings- App Settings- Enable Overlay- Off
, origin in game. origin cloud storage on  or GForce experience if you have them installed uninstall them or turn them OFF. Never use a program like GForce experience to set up your video card it only make bad FPS and issues. By playing with your settings yourself you can get more FPS out of your games and your PC will be more stable. To be sure its not the game crashing your PC. It is very easy to blame the game and yes the game has issues still but it is best to rule out everything on your PC first. No question BFV is a CPU hog but BFV  can be more stable if your PC is stable.

To be sure windows is not the issue please try this to rule it out , I run this after every format once every driver is in and windows update is done it is normal to find a problem the first time you run it so please run it 2x with reboot between..

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows.

NOTE: Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

This works in all windows O/S vista Win7, Win8 , Win8.1 and win 10 windows system file checker :] Copy and past this to note pad and put it on your desktop. As open programs can give you errors when you run this.

-For win7 go to start/ bottom left screen / windows globe .. Right click in search type cmd and right click cmd pick run as administrator.
-For win 8.1 and win 10 right mouse click start bottom left of screen / windows box and pick command prompt administrator or Administer windows power shell.

1-Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like Origin, Steam etc.

2-Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3-This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4-After its done REBOOT PC and Run sfc /scannow again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5-So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop. If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x just to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow.

6- If windows scan keeps failing you should format :/

Regarding Over clocking ....

I will never tell anyone to remove a OC on GPU, CPU or ram as long as it has been fully tested and fully stable. With my ram manual OC it was tested 12 hrs on one PC and 8hrs on another PC its fully stable on both PCs. With the new generation of ram you should not use mem test 86 as its not good for the new generation of ram. What I use is Karhu ram test and it turned out to be the best $15- ever spent for ram testing most errors are found very fast. https://www.karhusoftware.com/ramtest/

You can also use the free version of mem test 64  For me I did not like it but that's just me lol, you may love it and it is free https://www.techpowerup.com/memtest64/

Video card driver installs...

Yes different video card drivers give different FPS in game as well as how you install them makes a difference how stable your PC is so to try and help more this is how I do my video card drivers in our PCs. And when I find a driver to give the best FPS keep a copy on your desktop so you have it if you need to go back to it ..

Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

Try this and do all steps to get you PC cleaned up ......

Note = All the extra JUNK video card drivers install can and will make issues for many. And all the extra junk is just not needed for most people.

This is how I do a clean graphic driver clean install.........

1- For NVIDIA go download your driver put it on your desk top. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

For AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

2- Go download DDU ...Display Driver Uninstaller and unzip it on desktop... Read the page fully if you have never used this program and yes it must be done in safe mode for it to work ... https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

NOTE... If you have never used DDU then please read this link first..

https://windowsreport.com/display-driver-uninstaller-windows-10/

3- Go download the free version of CC cleaner install it..

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner .... install it and clean your registry before you start the video card driver.

4 Once everything is downloaded and on your desktop then reboot your PC in safe mode... to get to safe mode type ... msconfig in run will bring up safe mode go to boot tab and check off safe boot Minimal hit apply and reboot PC.

5- Remove old video card driver in safe mode using DDU in safe mode

6- Once DDU is rebooting unplug your net so windows does not install a video card driver on you if you did not set in DDU settings.

Once back in windows then install your video card driver but only install what I stated in step 7

7- When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking custom advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and check off clean install with a 20XX RTX card you will check off a few more things but keep OFF... G-Force Experience and sound driver they are not needed for most people and G-Force Experience makes problems on a PC . For AMD card Advanced only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install.

8- When new video card driver is installed reboot your PC

9- Once rebooted use CC Cleaner to clean the registry, reboot PC and check the registry one last time for any issues. If it finds any repeat steps until it finds none. CC cleaner will give you the choice to back up or not and the first time you run it it is normal if it finds 80 + errors in the registry as every installed or uninstalled program will leave fragments behind in registry and CC Cleaner will clean this up.

10-Run windows scan again just to be safe I run this about once a week on all my rigs it can save you many a format.

sfc /scannow and reboot PC and no open programs as they can give false errors. Once rebooted from windows scan then do step 11

11- Now to pull the most FPS out of your rig open NVIDIA Control Panel and under 3D settings .. Adjust image settings with Preview set it to use my preference and set it to performance and hit Apply.

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1 

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3  or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BFV

NOTE... this works for BF1 as well

Message 1 of 47 (63,124 Views)

Re: Set up for the most FPS in BFV

★★★ Guide
gone try this out
Message 2 of 47 (62,618 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I tried this out. My pc is below min specs so didn't hold out a lot of hope but before doing this I was getting 30 to 40fps and with this it's probably 40 to 50 most of the time now so a definite improvement. The colours kind of go a bit weird (quite dark as there's basically no reflection) but it's mainly in the menus rather than in game so not the end of the world. Definitely worth trying out if you want a few more frames.
Message 3 of 47 (62,514 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for taking the time!

See you in BFV.

naaLZr

Message 4 of 47 (61,981 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

try all low preset. I have a dual 1080ti 11gb, i7 7th ge processor, 32gb ram yet i keep everything low. it barely changes the graphics quality and gives you at least 70-100 fps more. And for a competitive game like this, each and every fps you can muster counts. 

Message 5 of 47 (61,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JatinDA_OP I agree I set all my settings to low as well fps over eye candy. Due to my system I also had to over clock my CPU and GPU to get my fps over 144 due to my screen size ... Edit old rig now built a new one.

CPU- Intel i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8Core
CPU Cooler- Corsair H110i GT
MotherBoard - Asus ROG Rampage Extreme V Edition 10
Ram- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 - 3600MHz - 32GB
Video Card- ROG Strix OC 1080Ti
SSD's - Samsung 860 evo X3 1-500GB 2-1TB
Power Supply- Corsair HX 1200i
Case- Corsair 780T
Monitor - BenQ XL2720Z 144HRz 1ms 3 screens res 5760 X 1080
Fans - Corsair ML140 Pro 140mm
Command Pro- 1

Message 6 of 47 (61,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

49" Screen! Jesus! How close do you sit to that? lol

Nerd

Edit: My bad it is a ultra wide monitor...

Message 7 of 47 (60,671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I must say this is pretty helpful for all those people who have low end pc and want to play games like BFV

Message 8 of 47 (58,777 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xxparad0x Thanks I try and help :] 

Message 9 of 47 (58,733 Views)

★★ Novice

Great advice, cheers

Message 10 of 47 (58,174 Views)