Re: Servers Kicking Players for no reason! Make it stop! Unplayable!

by jonnyboy705

Original Post

Servers Kicking Players for no reason! Make it stop! Unplayable!

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug It doesn't matter if you are playing solo, or playing in a group. When you join any mode, for some reason, you will get kicked for losing connection to the server. I have reset my router. Restarted my PS4. Restarted the software. Left groups and rejouned groups. Nothing works, and its completely random. There have been times we (myself and 2 BF2 friends) just give up and quit trying. Lately I just play arcade and such, or another game/console all together.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? jonny_boy_705
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/13
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) around midnight
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dunno. Try your luck and play literally anything online. I have gotten kicked from HvV, HS, GA, CS, Ewok Hunt... literally all the modes will kick you for no reason.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes, and changes to 1st person regardless of your settings or what view you had before you got kicked. Models repeat the last animation (running in place for example) indefinitely until you ultimately get kicked to the main menu.
What do you expect to see? To not constantly get kicked from the servers. The game is unplayable right now, and what an awful time for this to be happening... so many new players and new content to look forward too very soon.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Message 1 of 4 (381 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Further specific examples:

• joining HvV with 4v4. At the beginning of the match, sometimes all four players are good, and sometimes 1-2 immediately get kicked. Sometimes they get kicked after a few minutes. There's no telling. Confirmed they are getting kicked and not quitting, their model freezes in place. Thats another issue,s they become a free kill/point for the other team if they manage to kill them before they disappear.
  • Sometimes I get kicked while in the character select screen. It won't let you spawn or select a unit then suddenly *loading screen* back to main menu
  • Sometimes all three of us will be on the loading screen for... whatever, GA, CS, HvV, but even during the loading screen it immediately kicks you, before even loading the match
Message 2 of 4 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic @EA_Eve @EA_Mai @EA_Guy

[edit: sorry guys, just found some other posts about this same issue, didn't mean to start a new one]

Is the team aware of the server issues? Before it was intermittent, but now its almost impossible to play. 5 matches in a row, all five kicked 1 or 2 of us playing in a group. Inconsistently as well, sometimes it's me, sometimes it's not me it's them. It doesn't happen at specific times either, sometimes it kicks me midday while playing solo, sometimes it kicks all three of us when playing at night.

Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Players are still waiting for a solution... it has been 3 weeks now? Spoke with support through chat last night: suggestion? Change to NAT -type 1... Asking players to play on an insecure network is your solution???

Message 4 of 4 (275 Views)