Server support for South African

by Khoisan-X

Original Post

Server support for South African

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Good Day,

Are there any possibilities of South Africa receiving server support for Apex Legends on PC platform?

I'd love to play this on low ping, from what I've seen on a local petition so would 17 430 other players as well!

Even if we can't get a local server if there is any way that we could host our own custom matches? I'm sure the community would be forever grateful!

Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Khoisan X

Message 1 of 21 (1,636 Views)

Apex 200+(South Africa) ping-fix your game

★★★ Newbie

Ping

Message 2 of 21 (1,555 Views)

Servers

★★★ Newbie

I live in Africa, South Africa specifically. I would like to know if you could get a server on the continent, we have to face playing on 160 ping everyday and feel like we’re playing at a disadvantage. Would you consider getting a Johannesburg server?

Message 3 of 21 (1,631 Views)

AWS servers go live in South Africa

★ Novice

Hi

Now that Amazon servers have gone live in South Africa will we get a server?

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/cloud-hosting/349001-aws-cape-town-region-goes-live.html

Message 4 of 21 (1,667 Views)

Re: AWS servers go live in South Africa

★★★★★ Novice

This needs to be done, Africa needs servers!

Message 5 of 21 (1,635 Views)

Re: AWS servers go live in South Africa

★★★★★ Novice

Some respawn devs are active on reddit so pop a like and comment on the post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/g61abu/respawneaaws/

Message 6 of 21 (1,598 Views)

APEX legends

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Edit - Admin.] I was not able to play your * game since the end of last YEAR!!! Players in * Africa were not able to * play since ages, what the hell is happening!!!!! 

Message 7 of 21 (1,641 Views)

Re: APEX legends

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@WT_rayyanv122Could you kindly elaborate on your frustration or problem you are having with Apex Legends so the community can help you more or at least understand?

Message 8 of 21 (1,630 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was not able to play Apex since the end of last YEAR!!! Players in Africa were not able to play since ages, what the hell is happening!!!!

When I launch game, it crashes, and says servers are down, time out. I repeat since the beginning of the year!!! When the game is playable it has a ping of 260 on a good day, why cant EA set up more servers so that gaming can become something enjoyable. 

Why cant we play at the same level of the EU's, it is not fair for us not being able to play the game and no one talks about it or cares about it. EA come on!!!!

I love this game, but it would better if I can play it !!!

PLS FIX YOUR GAME/SERVERS 

Message 9 of 21 (1,595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@WT_rayyanv122  Have you tried anything or everything? Are you playing on Wifi? Hardwire? Etc...

EA does have an issue with their servers for Apex Legends, it is an on going complaint. My husband plays a lot of Apex Legends and we use to have a lot of problems with Apex when we had lower internet, even when hardwired. Now that we updated to the highest speed our service provider offers, it works much better. I still see horrible pings though and numbers for players from certain countries. It could be because of their internet provider, and not just because of EA. Unfortunately, however I feel EA is still partially to blame because of their servers. Not to mention it was one of the fastest growing battle royal games that EA was not even expecting. However they should be caught up by now. 

Have you tried everything through their suggestions and help menus? IE: Clearing Origin cache, unable to connect to server/internet help guide

What I have researched so far is players are having various issues, some are being fixed by as easily as clearing their origin cache, running certain steps with help guides concerning connection issues, and some are not being able to connect no matter what. There is an issue with it and EA is aware that some players actually cannot connect at all to the servers. They are looking into it and you can check for updates on their twitter. https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1250333230563127298

Message 10 of 21 (1,548 Views)