Re: Server side errors lead to leaver penalties, what the heck EA?

by Ukcham

Original Post

Server side errors lead to leaver penalties, what the heck EA?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I Spent half an hour trying to join a game, any game... spent 5-6 minutes in queue each time, then the screen went dark, and just dumped me back into the entrance menu screen. After sufficient attempts to try to play the game, I was rewarded with "leaver penalty" and a lowered queue priority.

Great coding job EA!

How long can I expect this ridiculous punishment to last?

Message 1 of 5 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@bfranciscop I don't know why they're quiet on this problem. Clearly effecting a number of us. I've heard rumor of moving the game to a SSD may fix it but that just means there is a time out bug for HDD that they're ignoring. And before they ask, yes, all windows and Nvidia drivers are up to date.
Message 2 of 5 (276 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the game on an SSD drive, my loading time is usually around 6 seconds :P

Message 3 of 5 (266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having similar issues to this as well. The difference for me is I'll be in the lobby for a minute or two before getting kicked. It says I'm not connected to the Internet, but my roommate was playing in the same group and didn't get kicked, and I tested other games and my computer isn't losing connection with them. I'm getting an error code 201. And yes, my drivers are all up to date.

Message 4 of 5 (261 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@bfranciscop just an FYI I was able to move this over to a SSD. Problem fixed. It still tells me there's a bug they are ignoring as it relates to load times from a HDD but at least there's some way around it.
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)