Re: Server selection doesn't work, it's not broken.

by rebuiltHK47

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I did do what troubleshooting applied. I even did the UO trace, but I didn't see any problem. If we're not supposed to be connecting to 159.153.38.49 I'd like to find out why I'm connecting to it since I'm supposed to be connected to an IP in Ohio.

Message 11 of 36 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Does it help to mention that I am connected to that IP at all times? It doesn't matter if it's the menu, or a lobby. It stays the same at all times.
Message 12 of 36 (1,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

(edited angry post)

It has come to my attention that what this post was originally about, was likely due to an error on my part. My phone was set to LTE as it's preferred signal instead of 3G like it should have been. My signal booster isn't for LTE, and the LTE signal is kinda flaky around my house. I normally keep my phone set to 3G, but switched it to LTE earlier in the day, and forgot to change it back that evening. When set to LTE, my phone sticks with the stronger 3G signal coming from my booster, but it still looks for the LTE signal, and what little it picks up for some reason screws with the 3G signal. I don't get it, but I have no issues when I have it set to 3G. This is specific to the day this post was originally about.

The California IP however... that's not related to my signal. I had lag problems whether connecting on 3G or LTE. I don't expect an immediate response here, and while I am a little impatient about it, I really hope to get some assistance soon. I really don't like being made to look like a noob because I lagged up and couldn't move when defending an objective, all because i'm not connecting to my chosen server, but am being sent across the country, and then back. Even my connection to STO isn't as bad as this, and that is located in Calif.

Message 13 of 36 (982 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So today is another lag fest, as was yesterday. I got one round of 4 in where I lagged only half the round.

Here's video of what I have had to deal with since launch. https://youtu.be/lx5e15Crycc

I can't handle this. I am on when I can to see if there are any changes to the route or anything like that, but there still hasn't been any change. Every time is a lag fest. Run in, lag, die. Get an enforcer, go in, lag up, die. Get a hero, go in, lag up out in the open, die. Can't support my team, can't do objectives, just lag up and die. Next post will have screenshots of what's been happening too, and what my score screen usually looks like after a match where I lagged only half the match.

Message 14 of 36 (901 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

2018-05-26 21_19_50-Command Prompt.jpg

2018-05-26 21_20_07-Command Prompt.jpg

This was my connection quality all day on 26-5-2018. The video in the previous post is what those two are from.

The following is what my score screen normally looks like when I'm receiving far less lag than usual, yet more than I should be (I meant to capture scoreboard too, but it changed before I could). I was only half way up the scoreboard like I usually am (top guy on my side had 66 eliminations), the teams were well balanced, I had fun in that regard.

2018-05-27 12_39_07-STAR WARS Battlefront II.jpg

Then right after I load in to the next round, the lag starts up again...

2018-05-27 12_57_48-STAR WARS Battlefront II.jpg

and I was forced to quit because I couldn't stop lagging. I managed to get into the menu when hitting ESC (which, like anything else, you can't do when lagging and forced into first person) so I could get out. Once I did get into the menu the lag kicked up again.

Message 15 of 36 (889 Views)

EA DICE Team

hey @rebuiltHK47  based on those ping you are doing to that IP something is not right between you and us. When you have issue can you do a UO tracer and send the data to me in a PM. 

For the Uo-tracer: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/ I do recommend that you follow the steps in there for network troubleshooting if you have not already. 

/Atic 

Message 16 of 36 (839 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Sent.
Message 17 of 36 (812 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @rebuiltHK47 did you send it as a pm to me? 

/Atic 

Message 18 of 36 (794 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yup!
Message 19 of 36 (791 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @rebuiltHK47, I don't have anything from you on AHQ.

/Atic
Message 20 of 36 (789 Views)