Accepted Solution

Server list problem

★★★ Novice

When i launch the game the server list doesn't appear

Message 1 of 8 (3,566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Server list problem

★★★ Novice

Nothing worked. My firewall can allow the program (the entire game SWTOR), not only the launcher.exe or swtor.exe, and my anti-virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) doesn't seems to cause problems with it. I've switched the laucher from ST to non-ST but the problem still remains. When the game starts the server list window is empty, after 1 min a new window appears saying: "Unable to retrieve server list. Please follow the instruction in the help center. If the problem persist the client will be closed." The irony is that in the help center there is no intructions to follow... it keeps saying "updating..." forever.. Please help me because i'm going crazy.. I was normally playing just a few days ago, what the hell is happening?!!

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,795 Views)

All Replies

Hero

First make sure that swtor.exe and launcher.exe are added to your firewall and anti-virus safe list to ensure they aren't causing the connection issue.

If that doesn't work, try to Delete the DiskCacheArena file under the swtor directory.

If still not working, you can also try running a repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pull down on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 8 (3,536 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, but no one of those solutions worked. My last hope is to reinstall it, but it will takes hours so if anyone hve other ideas.. Please, i'm going crazy cause this issues...

Message 3 of 8 (3,519 Views)

Hero

When you do the install, the default is the streaming launcher.  I would switch to the non-streaming launcher by doing the following:

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

If you have swtor.exe and launcher.exe added to your firewall / anti-virus safe list it should help as well.  Make sure you do the above changes prior to running the launcher.  Go ahead and install the launcher, make the above changes so it does not install bitraider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 8 (3,512 Views)

@JC-Shao

Re-install is not a fix for no server list

What Antivirus and Firewall is being used ? if this is not related to local PC then if it is a net issue it will come good on its own.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 8 (3,506 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing worked. My firewall can allow the program (the entire game SWTOR), not only the launcher.exe or swtor.exe, and my anti-virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) doesn't seems to cause problems with it. I've switched the laucher from ST to non-ST but the problem still remains. When the game starts the server list window is empty, after 1 min a new window appears saying: "Unable to retrieve server list. Please follow the instruction in the help center. If the problem persist the client will be closed." The irony is that in the help center there is no intructions to follow... it keeps saying "updating..." forever.. Please help me because i'm going crazy.. I was normally playing just a few days ago, what the hell is happening?!!

Message 6 of 8 (3,796 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Already tried to reinstall the game (30gb and for god sake, don't make me do this again)

I tried all the tricks listed above - firewall (ESET - disabling protocols, adding swtor and launcher to the list, deleting folders, changing launcher_settings, etc.)

Nothing worked (actually disabling protocols allowed me to, at least, download the game)

I used to play this game before and none of this occurred (I mean it happened but usually re-logging solved all the issues) - not this time.

I was never a subscriber and based on the experience I don't think I'll ever be but the problem of having the game and not be able to play it is getting me really frustrated.

Is there any simple solution? Like going back to what was working before and not changing it to something that doesn't work at all?

Message 7 of 8 (3,409 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same exact problem, I've gone to atleast ten websites now and tried about 15+ different supposed "fixes" for it. None of them works. I have played this game countless times before, and I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. The least EA could do is offer a full list of fixes that actually work.

Message 8 of 8 (2,181 Views)