Re: Security Key Error

by watchdog762

Original Post

Security Key Error

★★★ Novice

I want to know if there is a problem with the Security Key programming? This is the second time this week I've had to remove and reinstall the application, and yet again I'm receiving an error message that my security key is wrong. I don't want to have to reinstall for a third time; the process is extremely tedious. Is there any other way to get the key to work?

Message 1 of 4 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]

@watchdog762 

The security key is based on RFC 6238, which means that any TOTP application like google or microsoft authentication or win auth on the PC etc can also be used.

Now all these security key application are reliant on the device being in sync with time.gov essentially, so ensure this is the case when the key is setup and when you try to use the key as the generated code is based on the time.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (339 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you're referring to the yellow bar and ensuring that there is plenty of it left as I enter the code, yes, I always make sure it is at least at half.

Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

[ Edited ]

@watchdog762 

If the time on the device is out , then it really doesn't matter how much yellow bar is left the key will simply fail.

If you want to try a different security key application then the swtor app see this link for other options, ensure your devices time is set to auto sync and matches the time shown on www.time.gov

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)