Re: Security Concern

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Security Concern

[ Edited ]
Hero

So as you know i play a lot of apex. I have a friend i play with on regular basis. He had swapped to Steam and has not used origin client since this day. I log in this morning to see his origin account logged in. Showing he was either in Japan or Chinese servers I don't know the language so I couldn't tell which. His match summary shows he played 3 hours ago I noticed his account online at 7 am est. This has never happen to him at all. Until steam. Even the mass influx of reports of being hacked would support something odd is going on here with Steam as if it open a back door to account infos. The influx of reports didn't happen until steam was introduced. 

Now friend has very worrisome concern that they may ban his account. He was logged in for 5 hours this morning and no telling what was being done on his account. I group with him a lot no telling what could happen to me if they link our accounts together as constantly playing with each other.

Something odd is most certainly going on here. 

@EA_Kent Other then obvious things of changing passwords adding more security is there anything else that can be done on our end to ensure the safety of us not being punished by staff for something he or we didn't do? Should I have him open a ticket about this concern I'm assuming yes but just wanting cover all things I can to help him and possibly myself. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 4 (532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@E9ine_AC 

Right, I see what you're saying. That's something the EA Help team should be able to look into. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @E9ine_AC

I think opening a case with EA Help would be a good idea. If someone else was able to log into your friend's account the EA Help team should be able to help him secure it. 

For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (515 Views)

Hero
@EA_Kent I helped him had all the security avail we just have the concern of what was done on this account while it was logged in.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (512 Views)

Community Manager

@E9ine_AC 

Right, I see what you're saying. That's something the EA Help team should be able to look into. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (506 Views)