Re: Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no los

by KermitDeFreg

Original Post

Re: Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no los

★ Apprentice

It’s funny that EA considers the case closed while there’s more and more people complaining every week.

I opened this thread in FIFA 21, the issue still happens in FIFA 22 and they say it’s the connection.

I was actually “lucky” to talk to someone that did ot to me. He messaged me during the match but then quit once I scored 4x0 (same process, his players just Didn’t move for about 10 sec and then I got the disconnection message. System was pending for another 10-15 seconds and the it went back to Home Screen not counting the loss).

I tried my chances and asked him what did he do, and he told me he simply shut off his Xbox without going through the pause menu. I think he’s allowed to do whatever he wants, as long as EA can identify it was on his side and give me the win.

There’s plenty of evidence that this is happening, and I’d be “happier” with an honest “we don’t know what’s going on but we acknowledge the problem”. Instead, they prefer to go to the easy route of “are you sure it’s not your connection?” It’s infuriating.

Message 21 of 109 (20,301 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

agree! - the thing that gets me is that it's a competitive game... you will always get beaten off someone better... there's ALWAYS someone better than you.. but when you're winning and the other person glitches and you get returned tot he menu screen like the match didn't happen then that is SO FRUSTRATING!!.. that's 3 pts that could have been the difference between being promoted, staying in the same division or being relegated.. given it's a key component of the game - you'd think EA would want to sort it out.... CLEARLY not... 

If any of you come up against a player called LaChavvy - then this will likely happen to you! LOL!..   There is also NO mechanism to report players after the fact - so once they quite out of the game and you know they've cheated EA has no process in place to actually deal with them!"" - everything they have is focused on IN GAME!!!... I've resorted to just going into my recent players list and blocking the players that glitch like this... far from ideal and clearly futile given how often this seems to happen!

Message 22 of 109 (20,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed this today as well. I've had people quit on me before and those matches register as wins. But I just had this happen two games in a row in Div 3. Both the games I was leading and the opponent quit. And yet I didn't get the win. What's happening?

Message 23 of 109 (20,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I found the reason :

Players quit the game by clicking out the game somewhere on their screen.

For example, a player who get two screen and is playing FIFA on his first screen can click on the second screen. This action makes you loose the focus on the game. So, the game freeze some seconds until it can synchronize the players. After searching 10 seconds, the connection is lost and the game redirects you to Season menu without counting the match score.

This issue appeared from one of the latest updates.

Today, this is the worst thing we have in this game, so we can't play quietly.

EA is really loosing control.

PS : sorry for my bad english...

Message 24 of 109 (20,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Got that * 2 times in a row with the same opponent.

Message 25 of 109 (20,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yup just happened to me and the * at ea keep saying its a connection issue but its not. 

Message 26 of 109 (20,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just tried what @MosesMalone31 suggested and it 100% worked, guy was 3-0 up against me and it never counted as a loss on my record, don't feel too bad about it though because I had someone do it to me in the game before. It's a pretty grim state of affairs for a game that promotes itself as a competitive e-sport haha. To clarify btw what I did to make it happen was to click with my mouse (I play on PC but use controller for FIFA) on my second monitor screen, game did exactly what @MosesMalone31 describes, searched for a bit then gave the "we'll try to determine result message" then I switched back to my controller, hit "a" to confirm, looked at season history and match isn't there.

Message 27 of 109 (19,803 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing has happened to me on Xbox, another time again just now. Was up 3-0, got awarded a penalty and the opponent obviously left the game, followed by the "we'll try to determine" message. Now it's like the match never happened, no record of it at all. 

Message 28 of 109 (19,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just happened to me on PS5. Some scum PSG player disconnected when I went 5-3 up on 82 mins and the match has not appeared in my history.

From what the previous messages say this is only a problem with PC players. EA NEED to allow us to choose whether we want to match cross platform or not. I have no interest in playing cheats, this is a disgrace.

Message 29 of 109 (19,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is not the connection. I was playing now against "e isso" club and he did the same thing. Pause the game when half time starts and quit. 

The game coun no loss no win. If this is legal I want to do too because seens totally unfair.

Message 30 of 109 (19,621 Views)