Re: Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no los

by charlieVader23

Original Post

Re: Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no los

★★★ Newbie
@hspilla Happened to Stadia as well in FIFA 22. The match did not appear in the history of matches. I never had a similar issue in FIFA 21. Its 100% not a connection issue.
Message 11 of 108 (30,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Happened to me as well now (FIFA 22) - guy was in home for a few minutes and then back (with mobile phone displaying as connection) on Xbox.

EA needs to sort their * out or stop let people use devices that enable these glitches …

Xbox user name: xXEnnoFireXx 

Twitch: enno_9ldc

@ea … sort it out!

Message 12 of 108 (30,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This literally just happened to me and I decided to check online and found this thread. It was a gruelling match and I finally got 2 goals and advantage against my opponent in the 89th minute and the game suddenly froze after a few seconds - that was my cue that the opponent and quit the game or turned off console. Finally went back to the Home Screen and the match wasn’t recorded. 

All that effort, after 89 minutes and it’s not recorded. Definitely a bug.

FIFA 21 on XBOX Series X

Message 13 of 108 (29,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same over 20 times. Last time was literally just 5 minutes ago. I use a LAN connection and the game looks marvelous. No stutters just perfect. The opponent was winning 0-2 in the first half. Trying to create as long as possible celebrations just like most toxic PSG players do. Then I changed tactics and got the 2-2 in 86th minute. 90+1 I score an amazing goal and i see the pause icon appear up top. I know he wants to quit, so I just let the long celebration play and the opponent disconnects. No match registered and I needed that win to not degredate. Ofcoarse I lost the next match. Thanks EA.

A lot of friends of mine encounter the same troubles and a few have already left FIFA for the other popular football game. If this problem is not addressed accordingly, I am going to have to do the same. I'll give it a month or so. If not, No FIFA23 for me and off to the other popular football game!

Message 14 of 108 (29,795 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hspilla Try to wait 2 min before press x bottom
Message 15 of 108 (29,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've only noticed this on FIFA 22 (playing on PC) never had it before in previous years that I noticed. Some of the things I've noticed are that it occurs far more frequently the higher up the divisions you go in online seasons, it's almost unnoticeable (for me) from lowest div upto 5/6, then it starts to creep in.

From 4 upwards it probably occurs once to twice per season. So you could assume by the time you go to div 1 it could be the case almost half of players at that point are using this hack/exploit/technique?

Obviously it only happens when leading a game, it isn't in any way randomised, you can tell this by the in match situation when it occurs, and when it does not occur.

My most recent ones today leading 1-0, everything fine, score again to make it 2-0, and immediately it happens during celebration/replay. 2nd one today was up 2-0, opponent gets a straight red card and concedes penalty, before I can hit the pen to go 3-0 up it happens.

It's related to when the opponent possibly feels match is a lost cause and they use whatever loophole they have found to void the match result at least for the person who is beating them, whether the person using this loophole also doesn't take a loss is unknown but you'd have to assume they don't otherwise what would be the point from their perspective.

In terms of what happens on screen when they do this there is a shortish "freeze" (maybe 2-6 seconds) audio continues, message is then displayed saying the usual "your oppponent has quit, we'll try to determine result" or whatever, but unlike what is supposed to happen (you get win if you were leading) you are given no win, loss or draw, no record of match occuring in season history.

I don't plan to buy next year's game on release next year due to this, will simply mod the older game with latest kits etc and play offline.

Message 16 of 108 (29,274 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@GreigRiley Have you received any replies for this? I have just experienced this with the same person (unfortunately, I don’t have the username) twice in a row. In the first match, I scored two goals in 10 minutes and then it happened… the screen froze and then the connection lost message. After that, no records at all in the current season whatsoever… I kept playing and I got matched with the same user (he was using Liverpool); we played for 70 minutes (I was winning again 2-0) and then boom… the same again. No records at all from the previous two matches (which I was expecting to win by 3-0 due to the user abandoning the games). It sucks
Message 17 of 108 (28,963 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem!!.. playing some wet wipe called 'LaChavvy'.. beating him 6-3.. he pauses the game... Uses the full 30 sec countdown.. doesn't kick off.. and then he quits.. no record of the game on my seasons record... But he's showing as a recent player in PS5.. and EA DON'T give me that nonsense that it's my connection... I've got a synchronous 1 GB upload and download on fullf ibre with Hyperoptic and it's rock solid!!.. checked the logs and there was NO issues!!!! Almost a year down the line and you still can't stot the cheats and glitches out!!.. won't be getting another FIFA game.. 

Message 18 of 108 (28,759 Views)

★ Apprentice
@cerberus1845 This has nothing to do with your connection. Some Users have just found a way to exploit this and avoid getting the loss. I have experienced this same thing more than 20 times over the last two weeks and everytime it happened, I was winning (so there’s no doubt this is not something related to the connectivity, it’s a bug that EA needs to patch right away)
Message 19 of 108 (28,744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another thing EA need to sort out is the fact that there's currently NO way to report these cheats other than in game.. which can't happen when they quit!!!... Do they think that by ignoring it or turning a blind eye to it then it'll go away!!

EA put in place a system to allow people to report these incidents so you can start banning the players /consoles involved! Otherwise you'll end up losing a major part of your fanbase as people won't put up with it for much longer!!!

Message 20 of 108 (28,730 Views)