Re: Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no los

by Lekao77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no loss)

★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 21
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Seasons (Head to Head)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For the past few editions of FIFA that issue had been fixed and every time an opponent would quit a game (well past the first minutes) I’d get the win. Since I started playing FIFA 21 on Xbox Series X, I started having cases of people rage quitting, sometimes at the very end (89-91 minutes) and then the game simply doesn’t count, as if it wasn’t played at all or as when you quite before it even starts. It happens once or twice a week, totally random, but annoying. It just happened now in a game the opponent quit before the final whistle, with 92:55 minutes of match played. It usually happens when they don’t press pause and quit, but probably shut off the console immediately.
What happens when the bug occurs? The opponent quits a game they’re losing and instead of getting a win the match simply doesn’t count for me
What should be happening instead? I should get a win if the opponent quits a game they’re losing

Product: FIFA 21
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Seasons (Head to Head)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For the past few editions of FIFA that issue had been fixed and every time an opponent would quit a game (well past the first minutes) I’d get the win. Since I started playing FIFA 21 on Xbox Series X, I started having cases of people rage quitting, sometimes at the very end (89-91 minutes) and then the game simply doesn’t count, as if it wasn’t played at all or as when you quite before it even starts. It happens once or twice a week, totally random, but annoying. It just happened now in a game the opponent quit before the final whistle, with 92:55 minutes of match played. It usually happens when they don’t press pause and quit, but probably shut off the console immediately.
What happens when the bug occurs? The opponent quits a game they’re losing and instead of getting a win the match simply doesn’t count for me
What should be happening instead? I should get a win if the opponent quits a game they’re losing

Message 1 of 109 (18,883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Seasons - opponent quits losing game but match doesn’t count (no win, no los

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @hspilla. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 109 (18,819 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @hspilla. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 109 (18,820 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks but I’m fairly certain that is not the case. I’ve use that troubleshooting multiple times in the past when needed but I don’t have any connections issues recently. I play a wired connection of 1GB and use connection monitoring doing the game, check my ping quite often. Some times I have issues with other players having package loss and etc but I’m not talking about those cases. I’m talking about when I’m winning 4x1, second half of the game, I score another goal and while still during the celebration the opponent quits. 90% of the time I get the win, whether the same score or the traditional 3x0. That always happened quite well in the past 2 or 3 editions of FIFA, but I noticed in this latest one a few times when they quit the match simply doesn’t count. If I had 4 matches remaining before the game, it comes back with 4 matches still remaining and when I go to Season Results I can’t see any record of that match, no win, no loss, nothing. My connection remains good, my next match plays perfectly.

I’m not asking for anything now, only letting you guys know that this issue that didn’t happen since 2 or 3 editions of FIFA has returned. Again, it’s not always but I don’t know if some players learned how to explore a flaw in the game of if it’s just something that needs to be patched.

Tks

Message 3 of 109 (18,807 Views)

★ Apprentice

It literally happened 30 seconds ago again. Perfect game, running smoothly, I score the 4th goal in 39 min of the first half, the opponent quits without going to the pause menu and after 10 seconds it returns to the Home Screen and the match doesn’t count. Third time in 2 days. 

It would be an extremely rare coincidence if my connection is having critical issues only at the exact time as I score a goal of a 3+ victory against an opponent that is already demonstrating signs of being a bad loser (pointless sliding tackles, red cards, and etc).

Message 4 of 109 (18,806 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens me too. This is ridiculous. Can't report the player either 😖

Message 5 of 109 (18,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me too. I am playing fifa 22 on PS5, and same thing happened to me several times. That's really annoying.

Message 6 of 109 (16,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s been happening to me since a few updates ago. Very disappointing. In the last 3 days happened about 5 times. And surely is not my connection. 

Message 7 of 109 (16,149 Views)

★★★ Novice

Typical Ea response hahaha always blame others!!! I'm so close to never playing this game again!

Message 8 of 109 (15,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s not the connection its obviously something people can do because it never happens when the other person is winning. It’s happened to me a lot of times and never when I’ve been losing. As Soon as it looks like someone will have a hard game or their losing and look like their not going to get back into it they do this and it doesn’t register a win or lose. You can’t even check who it was to report them unless you pause at the beginning of every game to check the player list and write down their name. No one will do that.  

Message 9 of 109 (15,457 Views)

★ Apprentice

So, I posted this again as a new thread because this one was about FIFA 21 and the new was about FIFA 22, but since you were rude there I’ll try again here to explain why this thread should not be treated as solved as I took enough time to provide explanation as to why this is not a typical connection issue.

We all have connection issues now and then, but those are very rare and easy to identify to those who pay fifa for 10+ years like me. This issue that I’m talking about is usually when you are far superior to the opponent and they noticeable have no interest to continue with the game. 60/70% of the time you can see they have abandoned the game as their players aren’t moving and after 5-10 sec the game disconnects and returns to the Home Screen. About 60% of the time I am awarded the win, as expected. 40% of the time the match simply does not count, which is unfair.

my SIMPLE question, and I believe the same question as everyone in here, is why are you considering this as a solved thread, marking it as a connection issue, after I have followed all the connection issue steps you originally recommended and confirmed this is not the problem? I’m happy to provide further evidence, to send logs or recordings of the game when that happen. This is a flaw in the game that is happening frequently for the past couple of years, and it seems like it is not even being considered and/or investigated properly. 

I just wanted EA to acknowledge this is not a connection issue. I also have a FUT team and I can notice the exact same behavior from time to time, but over there 100% of the time I’m awarded the win, while on Seasons it’s 3 or 4 in every 10 where the match doesn’t count.

it’s disappointing to be treated like a child or someone that doesn’t understand anything about technology when I am being polite and describing a problem, willing to provide technical evidence of the problem but treated the same way as a ranting kids that just wants to get something out of their chest. Please reconsider and investigate this.

Message 10 of 109 (15,269 Views)