Re: Season mode wont proceed

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Season mode wont proceed

★★★ Newbie

Season mode let's me play 30 - 40 games, then when I go to play next game, it just freezes. Issue has happened with NHL 20 & 21

Message 1 of 2 (677 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there, @jessebody.

It's very possible your save is corrupt. This can happen when you exit out of the game without saving so make sure you always save and quit. It's still possible, but not as likely. Something you can try is deleting the personal saved data for NHL 21. This does run the risk of wiping out your offline saves and the settings. Online modes like World of Chel and HUT won't be affected. If you want to do that, let me know the system you're playing on and I'll get you some instructions.

If you're on Xbox, highlight the NHL tile. Then, hit the Menu button (the small one to the right of the Guide button) and go to Manage game and add-ons. Then, go to Saved data and delete the file with your gamertag on it. Only delete it from your console. Not everywhere. This should be downloaded from the cloud when you load back into NHL.

For Playstation, go to Settings/Storage/System storage/Saved Data, locate game and delete the saved data.

Again, it's possible you'll lose your offline saves for Be A Pro, Franchise Mode, etc. so use at your own risk. 

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (644 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi there, @jessebody.

It's very possible your save is corrupt. This can happen when you exit out of the game without saving so make sure you always save and quit. It's still possible, but not as likely. Something you can try is deleting the personal saved data for NHL 21. This does run the risk of wiping out your offline saves and the settings. Online modes like World of Chel and HUT won't be affected. If you want to do that, let me know the system you're playing on and I'll get you some instructions.

If you're on Xbox, highlight the NHL tile. Then, hit the Menu button (the small one to the right of the Guide button) and go to Manage game and add-ons. Then, go to Saved data and delete the file with your gamertag on it. Only delete it from your console. Not everywhere. This should be downloaded from the cloud when you load back into NHL.

For Playstation, go to Settings/Storage/System storage/Saved Data, locate game and delete the saved data.

Again, it's possible you'll lose your offline saves for Be A Pro, Franchise Mode, etc. so use at your own risk. 

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (645 Views)