Re: Season 6 Major Lag Every Match on PC

by Aegis_Kleais

Original Post

Season 6 Major Lag Every Match on PC

★★★ Novice

Every single game I get into, I am having massive lag.  Everything was running fine until the season 6 update. I am just constantly skipping around the map.  I repaired and updated the game and reset my router and nothing has changed. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Message 1 of 40 (8,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It looks like it is happening on PC and Xbox.

Message 2 of 40 (8,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same on PS4.... Keep getting unable to connect-reservation timed out.  Get in a game and 2-3 second lag delay it's miserable 

Message 3 of 40 (8,269 Views)

★★ Novice
@grizzly9502 Same. Just logged in to play new season. First match was fine, second one had insane lag. I couldn't even connect to lobby after the game, I had to kill the process in windows. Same connection, no lag few days ago..
Message 4 of 40 (8,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't even back out to lobby, that's how bad the lag is on ps4.

Message 5 of 40 (7,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. rubber banding all over the place. connection to lobby takes about 2 minutes. Im done for tonight, its ridiculous had no problems before this patch, and my internet is 100% NOT the problem.

Message 6 of 40 (7,940 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, but it's not lag, it's packet loss.

Lag is latency; the time it takes for data to get from one place to another. Laggy players (known as HPB's, or High Ping B***) often are far away from the server, meaning data takes more time to get to them.

Packet Loss means that packets are missing. Game data uses TCP protocol, which requires that all packets be accounted for. When packets are missing, the receiving end instructs the sender to re-send the lost packets. You end up rubberbanding everywhere because your position information is only updated once the missing data gets resent after the fact.

In short, the servers are dying, and the build seemingly has some kind of massive issue with it that's causing server-side instability across platforms. A lack of, or poor, QA process is probably at fault here. Chances are stakeholders held the dev team to unrealistic timelines so they just pushed out what they could, and skipped a lot of testing, resulting in these live-environment issues.

Message 7 of 40 (7,424 Views)

★ Apprentice

Either that or they just don't have enough resources for the spike. Very similar issues when a new expansion is released for WoW too.

Very frustrating through that the servers are such crap right now.

Even got kicked out of my last game due to anti cheat seeing high packet loss. I better not get banned for their * roll out.

Message 8 of 40 (7,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having the same problems. I just got into a game where I didn’t even choose my character. Then all of a sudden I was falling from the sky. This is an awful mess and I’m playing on Xbox . Then I get stuck connecting to lobby. 

Message 9 of 40 (7,230 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bingo!

Another half arse poorly tested release, while the company rakes in profits but does not invest in proper release processes, testing and infrastructure.

Message 10 of 40 (7,136 Views)