Constant 100% CPU utilization since Season 3 update

by AcT-Hapitok

Original Post

Re: Season 3 CPU Issue

★★★★ Novice

I managed to fix my input issues by disabling my swap file on my SSD. I have 32GB of RAM so without the swap file, Windows wouldn't waste CPU power moving things from RAM <> swap file and this seems to have fixed my issues.

My CPU usage is still >80-90% but at least I can aim fine now

Message 71 of 630 (1,023 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Col_Platinum,

It's is good to read that you have found that this temporary solution works for you.

The teams are still investigating the issue & is working on a fix.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 72 of 630 (1,013 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeuw Do you know about how long it will be to have this issue fixed? I would love to go back to being able to play this game again with friends
Message 73 of 630 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

is it fixed yet, my CPU gonna explode soon.

Message 74 of 630 (962 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @RiggletsTTV,

Yeah it is understandable that you want to play as soon as possible again. Frown Unfortunately, we currently don't have an ETA available when this issue will be fixed. The teams are working on it as best as they can.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 75 of 630 (957 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Leeuw Understandable. Thank your quick responses in regard to this issue. Its definitely helped me and I'm sure other be put as ease knowing you guys are looking into this problem and taking the effort in trying to resolve it.
Message 76 of 630 (948 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. + insane input latency on mouse and keyboard. Like, I "press the button/move the mouse" and game response on this actions only after a few seconds.
Yet, the specs are quite good.

Dell G5 15 5590
Core i7 9750h
RTX 2070 Max-Q
32 GB ram (2666 hz)
Game installed on the SSD.

Message 77 of 630 (944 Views)

Community Manager
@RiggletsTTV, thank you, I appreciate that. I will of course also pass this feedback on to the teams. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 78 of 630 (928 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

also having high cpu usage issues after the new season 3 update. my i9-12900kf is constantly at 80 - 90% utilization. I'm also getting crashes not sure if it's related to this issue.

Message 79 of 630 (896 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@AcT-Hapitok can no longer record gameplay using x264 through OBS after the Season 3 update because CPU usage is always at 100%. this game uses so much CPU power compared to other new games even prior to this update.
Message 80 of 630 (878 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help