Constant 100% CPU utilization since Season 3 update

by AcT-Hapitok

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant 100% CPU utilization since Season 3 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Season 3 has created a very worrying problem with the CPU Usage. I took this in the middle of a match just about 10 minutes ago as of this post.

Last Season the CPU Usage was barely above 50%, but now I can't even stream this game to my friends on Discord because it eats up too much of my PC's CPU power.

I Really REALLY Hope The Devs Get This Sorted Out Soon.

Message 2 of 630 (19,602 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Season 3 CPU Issue

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Post marked as Solution for Player Visibility & in order to Collect Information.

Hey everyone, 

To keep visitors of this thread informed, this post will be updated with new information once it becomes available. 

Update 24-11-2022:
We also have sent out a tweet regarding this issue.

Update 29-11-2022: 

I see a lot of posts where you all are trying to help each other by sharing workarounds that worked for some individuals, which is of course awesome in a lot of situations.

However, I would advise you not to mess with the settings file too much, as this may cause more problems than it solves. Everything you change in the settings file, and any consequences thereof, are at your own risk.

The teams are still investigating the issue and working hard on a fix.

Update 30-11-2022:
We have sent out a follow-up tweet.

Update 7-12-2022:

Today (with Update 3.1.0) we introduced a change which will further help balance the CPU load for most players. It can take a few gameplay rounds for these changes to come into effect on your system. However, if you are still experiencing CPU issues, please report it here in the thread. Battlefield Direct Comms tweet 🧵  link.

As mentioned previously, it is not recommended to make changes to the settings file, or any other cfg file. Especially now that Update 3.1.0 has launched.

I recommend that you undo any changes you made to the settings file, or cfg file (if you can still do that), and then check again if your CPU is at a constant 100% usage while playing the game.

If your CPU is still at a constant 100% usage after update 3.1.0 went live, and you have played a few rounds, please post a new DxDiag of your system.

Update 9-12-2022:

The teams have shared a potential workaround, that is also included in the Known Issues list:

"As the game is now better optimized to draw resources from the CPU, if you notice throttling then try increasing your in-game visual quality settings and resolution to instead switch some of that load over to your GPU. We encourage playing around with your Settings to find out what works best for your specific system."

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 14 of 630 (24,525 Views)

All Replies

poor performance on PC after season 3 update

★★★ Novice

Game was running fine before the update. Log in today for season 3 update and it is unplayable. Stuttering and FPS drops, bullets dont register as infantry, vehicles rate of fire stutters, feels like you are sliding around the map. Can't even properly control vehicles due to the stuttering and poor FPS. Seems like every time there is an update this happens. 

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H

8192MB RAM

RTX 3050 Ti

Message 1 of 630 (19,483 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem, 100% CPU usage and 50% GPU usage since last update, tried Halo Ifinite and Uncharted and they run fine. Ryzen 9 5900X / RX 6750 XT

Message 3 of 630 (19,533 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same problem, 100% CPU usage
Message 4 of 630 (19,510 Views)

Lag/stuttering after update 3.0?

★ Apprentice

I mainly play bt 64, and before season 3 my game would run fine with no stutters and minimal lag. Now though I am stuttering every few seconds and now my input is delayed slightly. Anything I shoot seems to also randomly change fire rate. Any fix?

Message 5 of 630 (19,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

100% cpu usage and insane mouse and keyboard input lag im assuming because of that as its never happened before

32gigs ram

my friend is having the exact same issue with his brand new am5 setup as well with a 4090

Message 6 of 630 (19,473 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MercysLegion You can limit your CPU processor count by creating a user.cfg file in the game’s main folder and using these commands. The config below is for quad-cores with Hyper Threading (4 cores, 8 threads). You can change these values to your liking:

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8"

I tested this and it works wonder
Message 7 of 630 (19,450 Views)

Re: Lag/stuttering after update 3.0?

★★★★★ Pro
Message 8 of 630 (19,474 Views)

Re: poor performance on PC after season 3 update

★★ Expert
@Unkle_Kitty could you post a dxdiag please.
Also a movie with fps and network in game would be nice.
Cheers
Message 9 of 630 (19,432 Views)

Re: Lag/stuttering after update 3.0?

★★★★★ Expert
@Logarithm_388th I’m on PC and it’s a bit worse than it was before. At least we’re not freezing and crashing every round. I delete my cache like AngrySquid suggested every now and then. Haven’t done it for a while.
Message 10 of 630 (19,461 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help