Season 3 Xbox Mid Game Crashing and Disconnecting from internet

by Trevordreed

Original Post

Season 3 Xbox Mid Game Crashing and Disconnecting from internet

★★★ Newbie

I can’t even finish one game. Every time I get into a game, I rack up a few kills, and in the middle of the game it freezes, takes me to the apex home screen and says server timed out, and then says retrieving data. Within about 30 seconds, i am disconnected from Xbox Live, it won’t allow me to test internet connection, and I am forced to restart my console. This has now happened over 5 times in both ranked and public games and it happens every single game. I just want to play the game, I can’t find anyone else who is experiencing this problem at this time. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game last night, and the first game i get into it disconnects me with 8 teams left. It’s not my internet either, my wifi works, this does not happen on any other game or application. Please provide some guidance someone before I break my xbox out of frustration. 

Message 1 of 3 (274 Views)

Re: Season 3 Xbox Mid Game Crashing and Disconnecting from internet

Community Manager

Hi @Trevordreed

I can definitely understand the frustration. I know it's rough to have to keep dealing with disconnections so often like this. Let's try some troubleshooting and see if we can get this sorted out. 

First, is there any way that you could try connecting your Xbox with a network cable instead of wifi? That way we can eliminate any potential wifi signal issues as a possible cause for the disconnections. I'd also recommend running through the other general connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website when you're able. That's a good place to start when you're seeing connection issues. 

Let me know how that goes when you're able. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (229 Views)

Re: Season 3 Xbox Mid Game Crashing and Disconnecting from internet

★★★ Newbie

Hi Kent,

I played a few games yesterday and fortunately I had no issues. I will get back on later today and will play some more. If I continue to have issues I will contact you for assistance.

The reason I filed a claim is because this happened for 3 days in a row. Oddly enough it seems to be okay, I will let you know if I experience any more issues.

I appreciate your time Kent, thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (217 Views)