Re: Season 3 - Game hangs randomly after Season 3 patch

by Fury_of_Duck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Season 3 - Game hangs randomly after Season 3 patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

After season 3 patch me and two other friends started to experience the same issue where the game just freeze in the middle of play.

Neither I, nor my friends never had any issues prior Season 3 patch, but now every second-third dropout game just hangs. It can happen at any time while actually on battlefield (never happened in the lobby). When the game hangs it doesn't show any error and just remains in the frozen state and there is no other way to kill it except logging off from Windows user (that will automatically kill all the processes).

I have all latest windows 10 updates installed + I've tried latest, plus few patches old Nvidia Drivers - makes no difference.

Tried to repair the game, didn't work.

CPU load 100% at the time of the freeze, so look like a memory leak somewhere in the Apex client.

Please advice.

CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz

DDR: 32Gb

ROG GeForce RTX 2070

Message 1 of 77 (9,161 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Comment by Scriptacus:

Patch for this issue should be live now

View in thread

Message 41 of 77 (8,191 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have the exact same issue since season 3.  Never had issues with Apex or any other game before.  Screen just freezes and I can’t close the game without a windows restart. To be fair I run an overclocked and watercooled system and when I lower my clocks same result with the game ocasionally freezing.

9900k@5ghz

2080ti watercooled

Message 2 of 77 (9,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Same here. Screen freezes, I can alt-tab through other processes, and bring up task manager etc. but can't fullscreen them or force quit APEX. The only solution is to sign out from the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. If I play for an evening this will happen 3-4 times. It's SO frustrating.

i7 9700k (happens both at stock & 5Ghz OC)
2080Ti @ Stock Speeds
16GB ram @ 3600Mhz

Message 3 of 77 (9,060 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi

Exactly the same here. SInce season 3. I've never had this problem before season 3.

Please advice

PC specs:

CPU Intel i7 9700k

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11Gb

32Gb RAM

Message 4 of 77 (9,017 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here.

CPU i5-8400

GPU: Asus PCI-Ex GeForce GTX 1060 ROG Strix 6GB

RAMHyperX Fury DDR4-3466 16384MB

Message 5 of 77 (8,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Theodredd any news?
Message 6 of 77 (8,933 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not really, look like community mangers keep ignoring such threads, but so far in Respawn bug tracker I found an issue that is currently under investigation https://trello.com/c/4L0d1Ol3/62-pc-game-hangs-with-100-cpu-usage.

May be related IMO.

Message 7 of 77 (8,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having this problem since the armed and dangerous update. Usually happens right before character selection. Have an AMD 580 graphics card and A12 CPU. When it first started, it happened every 3 to 5 games, now it is down to once every other day.

Message 8 of 77 (8,885 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Game crashes with this message:
---------------------------
Apex Crash - Overclocked/Overheated?
Apex crashed in a way usually caused by a CPU that is overclocked or overheating.

Specifically, the CPU reported that it couldn't execute an instruction it didn't want to execute. More precisely, the CPU's memory controller said it didn't have permission to execute one address, but the CPU's registers said it wanted to execute a different address.

More technical information should be available in "apex_crash.txt" in your Documents folder.

Ctrl+C in this window will copy this message so you can paste it as text.

OK

CPU 8700k lite OC to 4.8GHz, temperature is under control. Started to get this crash in season 3. Twice already and i have played maximum 4 games. Every other popular game works without problems except Apex..
Message 9 of 77 (8,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im also having the exact same issue here, no problems with season 1 or 2,  random freeze in the middle of a match,

my specs are

I5 9600k Oced @4.8Hz

MSI 1080TI

16GB ram

playing on SSD 

i have tried repairing game but i think its maybe a bugg with the new patch. and please dont tell me to downclock cause i have never had issues till new seasons. very frustrating

Message 10 of 77 (8,855 Views)