Season 2 sli flickering

★ Novice

After new update i got Sli Flickering on 2x Gtx 970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng76jOtaPPA&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 19 (2,052 Views)

Re: Season 2 sli flickering

★★ Guide

nvidia needs to update the SLI Bit Profiles

Report the bug here https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

Message 2 of 19 (2,035 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem, 2x gtx 980. Have it off for now... again...

I tried around a bit, no success with profiles with AFR or AFR2.

0x00000004 (Battlefield V, ...)

0x020000F5 (Wargame: AirLand Battle, Call of Duty:Black Ops II, Titanfall)

0x080112F5 (Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017))

Message 3 of 19 (2,027 Views)

★ Novice

I tryed it as well nothing works 

Message 4 of 19 (1,995 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes.. Same here with 2x1070 GTX. Have to use one card mode only again too. Quite annoying especially considering that they state in patch notes that they improved sli and crossfire performance...

Message 5 of 19 (1,969 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. Very annoying, I can't really play the game anymore. If I set the compatibility bits to default, it only runs on one card, which is borderline unplayable. If I set the bits, I get the horrible flickering described. I can mediate the flickering by setting VSync on but I still get visual artifacts, and of course input lag and less frames. Please fix. I was excited for season 2 but I haven't even touched ranked due to the instability of my game now.

Message 6 of 19 (1,921 Views)

★★★ Novice

I kind of learned to play with the broken SLI now... There are artefacts here and there and I need to have sun shadows on high otherwise I would get weird looking 'fog od shadow' effect.. etc. etc. The menu still flickers horribly when displaying certain legends. Can some one fix that please? Is anyone from DEV team with any levers listening?

Message 7 of 19 (1,880 Views)

★★ Novice

Its unplayable for me with SLI active. Depending on where I look, I get extreme stuttering, weird artifacts, like another picture on top.

To test ingame I load training, there all looks good except when I turn ~45-90` to the left then I get weird artifacts and what feels like 20fps.

Some threads on Reddit about the same topic (link), some people apparently fixed it with turning on VSync (smooth in program not global, ...) or disabling cl_showfps as start parameters. Neither did anything, tried every combination with vsync and didn't have the start parameter anyway.

Message 8 of 19 (1,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I actually found that using the 0x080000F5 (Shooter Game) compatibility bits and the 'Fast Sync' Vertical Sync option fixed it best for me.

You have to use NVIDIA Profile Inspector to do it though.

Using VSync - 'On (Smooth)' in NVIDIA Control Panel also works but I found any FPS drop at all causes severe stuttering as it cuts your refresh rate in half then drops you about 10 fps if you cant maintain it.

GTX 680 SLI here, but only for about 1 more month, thankfully Disappointed

Message 9 of 19 (1,825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Dela2k10That sorted it for me too, only main menu stil flickers like crazy with some legends selected. I also have to have sun shadow on high to prevent some global shadow problem.

Message 10 of 19 (1,759 Views)