Season 2 Update Stuck on 36% on Origin Launcher

by lemstry

Original Post

Re: Season 2 Update Stuck on 36% on Origin Launcher

★★★ Newbie

I paused the update in the middle and now download started all over again, getting 1MBPS because exhausted data for the day Frown

Message 21 of 29 (696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Afternoon everyone!

I was having the same issue but eventually I found out my hard drive space was full. At first it didn't tell me that, I happened to be looking in my Windows Explorer and saw a nice big Sith lightsaber on my C:\ drive space. If that is the case for you, feel free to delete some older stuff that may be filling up your HDD. If not, hopefully there will be some more solutions coming in!

Message 22 of 29 (674 Views)

★★ Novice
@Xesque_Che Thank you so much this worked. My folder name was Apex I renamed it to Apex2 like you said. The update restarted for some reason and it said it will be playable at 39%. I left it alone and went to bed as soon as I woke up the game is fully updated. Thanks once again my friend.
Message 23 of 29 (672 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@TidoBlack
im really glad that i helped you out !

Enjoy your game and have fun !

See you around ,

King Regards,

Banned_Che
Message 24 of 29 (658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the reason why it worked is the fact that when you keep the name of the folder as apex, the lancher will make an update of the game, but when you change it the lancher will not find any game to update so the full download of the game will start. the original problem is not that the update is stuck but the instalation that will happen when the game reach the playable point is stuck ... thats really suck some ppl have a really weak net connection and have to wait day to download it again ... disapointed ... 

Message 25 of 29 (649 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can i request a screenshot where the exact folder is needed to rename?

Message 26 of 29 (645 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok just found a solution that will avoid to download the game from begining, you have to go to the folder where the game is installed and then delete all the files ( only files, dont delete folders ), you have to close origin before ofc, open origin again and it will download for 100mo files and start to install the game again, few seconds after the game will be playable and the update will continue Standard smile

Message 27 of 29 (643 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Ivannavii10
You need to go on your HDD or sdd where apex legends is located and you need to change the name of the folder
e.g. "apex legends" to "apex legends2"

Hope now i provide
You a more detailed tip

Be sure you reply
If is helpfull for you
Have a nice day !

King Regards ,
Banned_Che
Message 28 of 29 (636 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Xesque_Che Hallo wenn ich das mache verschwindet es aus meiner bibilotehk und ich muss es neu installieren. Please Help
Message 29 of 29 (20 Views)