Re: Season 13 patching issues info gathering thread

by Killowatt

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Every time theres an update my game is unplayable for weeks. It timed out trying to connect to a ranked match, reconnected to Apex and was disqualified and then charged a 10 minute "abandonment penalty" and loss of RP for the game disconnecting me....terrible patches every time...
Message 11 of 178 (1,355 Views)

Re: Apex download problems

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Exact same thing. 

Never had an update actually working. FIX .

Message 12 of 178 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on PC. Having game crash issues after S13 update. These never happened to me in S12 where i have logged 400+ hours.

My game crashes every single time after spending some time in the game. Two times i was lucky that there were no enemies around, and i was able to restart the game and get back in. But the game crashes every single time after about 5 or 10 minutes into the game.

On one occasion, i got a crash and an error while trying to rejoin: "unable to rejoin forfeited game. code: snake"

Message 13 of 178 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

it dced me, said server time out or something in those lines and when i tried to rejoin game it said the match might be over code:over

first time i got this bug

Message 14 of 178 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Novice

After the new update yesterday…I loaded game, got to screen where it showed my character in lobby, then it freezes and shuts my Xbox down. I have done all power cycle reset, cleared MAC address, uninstalled game and reinstalled twice. Did manual dns. Reset Xbox.  I’m able to play any other game but Apex. Any idea what’s happening? I’m currently on Xbox Series X. I contacted Microsoft support with no help. They directed me to EA help stating that my Xbox is not the problem and EA may need to send me an exclusive patch. Anyone else having this issue? I was fine the night before patch.

Message 15 of 178 (1,202 Views)

@EA_David wrote:

Hey guys, we just wanted to create this thread to gather info and feedback on any patching issues you may experience with the transition into Season 13. 

If you do have issues:

• Please include your platform.
  • Be as complete with info as possible. Even the smallest detail could be relevant. 
  • Please let us know if you're prone to experiencing repeated similar issues or if it's a once off, is good.

PC

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

RAM: 32.0 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z490-E Gaming

Engine Error 

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

Had the error the day of Season 13 release.

Also had it today. 2 days in.

Message 16 of 178 (1,189 Views)

★★ Novice

Here we go. Getting the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG and it's random. I can play for 15 minutes or 3 hours and it eventually happens. It happens in various game modes.

Problem started since this weeks patch and continues to happen everyday. I've tried the game on both Origin and Steam. Both clients suffer the same crash.

Zero issues with S12.

System -

OC: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, build 22000)

CPU: Intel i7 10th Gen -10700F @ 2.90hz 8core

GPU: ASUS RTX 3050 - 8gb GDDR6

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16gb) 288-pin DDR 3200

SSD: Samsung 980 M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express 2.0

Things I have done:

- Every single update to windows, drivers, etc etc etc.

- Verified game integrity

- Running game as administrator (of course)

- forgot whatever else I tried. It's been a long few days trying to get this sorted.

Message 17 of 178 (1,178 Views)

★ Novice

je sais pas vous mais je me retrouve dans plein de parti ou sa bug énormément et m'éjecte de la parti .

Et en plus ça me m'est des pénalités comme si j'avais quitte . 

Je me permet mes c'est quand même relou au bout d'un moment !

surtout que maintenant on payer de PC pour rentre dans les parti (oui je parle pour le classe surtout ) !

je ne critique pas cela même je trouve que sa mes plus de challenge 

Message 18 of 178 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same as another poster on this thread - can play for 5 minutes or 3 hours, I will get a crash since the S13 launch (never had this issue with S12).  Will boot me out of the game, when I re-launch and get back in I am usually back in the same game (unless the ring came and killed me).  Once I got the game forfeited : snake message.

Windows 11 - Fully Patched

Nvidia 3070ti, Driver version 512.77

Intel I5-11600K

32GB RAM

3440x1440 @ 85Hz

Samsung 1TB NVME SSD, WD 4TB 5K SATA

Legends:  Any legend, usually main Fuse / NewCastle, Mad Maggie - happens with all of them.

Message 19 of 178 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Since S13, I've been getting constant random crashes with the following error message. I've never had any of these crashes in S12:

0x554a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung the application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed

I tried updating my Driver to the latest version (512.77 - released on 5.12.22) to see if it'll help; however, the crashes are still happening. I just got an entirely different error message after my Driver update:

CreateTexture2d failed for GRT_Task_DoCreate on '(no debug name)' with HRESULT 0x887a0005 width: 512 height: 512 mips: 10 imgFormat: 0x00000053

Processor: Intel Core i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4

Storage: SanDisk Ultra 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD

The crashes happen randomly so there's no pattern. Sometimes I can play for a few hours without issue, sometimes it happens every 15 minutes. It happens when I'm engaged in fights or if I'm not engaged in fights. When it crashes, I'm usually able to reconnect to the game, unless someone kills me and my team mates die/disconnect.

I've noticed other players in game crashing and asked if they're having the same issue, which they responded yes.

Message 20 of 178 (1,137 Views)