Re: Screen resolution problem with game

by ShadowNash

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Screen resolution problem with game

★★ Novice

Please help me!

Tonight i as playing swtor without any problem, and next time when i wanted to launch it, and after i have pressed "play" button, something terrible happened with my picture (screen resolution): game window became 1 mm narrow (im not joking!), positioned at the far left corner of the monitor, and i could see all icons at my monitor much larger then usually. Also, i have got my laptop advertisment "Thats not optimal resolution".

Then i turned off game by clicking at "close window" option and pressed "return previous versions of it", but there were not previous versions. Also, i tried "repair compatibility problems" but without any help, bcs when the program wants to test it, same thing happens with this window after play button, and i m forced to turn off it..

Pls help, i dunno what to do, i cannot play this game totally! Im so sad...

Message 1 of 6 (1,716 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had also a resolution problem and can't play, but fixed by Alt + Enter after pressed "play" button.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,797 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

This is a common issue.

Following this guide: Guide Game failing to launch on Clicking Play should fix your problems.

Message 2 of 6 (1,704 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is an Easy Fix.

Without your game running.

Please click Start and in the search bar type %appdata/%

At the top Navigate back from the "Roaming" folder back to "Appdata"; now click on "Local".

Scroll down until you find "Swtor", Open this folder and its sub-folders (Swtor/Settings) until you can find "Client Settings"

Here you will wish to manually change these lines...

WindowX = 0
WindowY = 0

NativeHeight = 1080 (This should be your screens 'native resolution')
NativeWidth = 1920 (This should be your screens 'native resolution')

Height = 1080 (This should be your screens 'native resolution')

Width = 1920 (This should be your screens 'native resolution')

Close and Save, you should be good to go.

Message 3 of 6 (1,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had also a resolution problem and can't play, but fixed by Alt + Enter after pressed "play" button.

Message 4 of 6 (1,798 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The fix noted by Woody is quick and easy.  Alternatively, if that does not work for some reason, just delete the Client_Settings.ini file to return the game to default (both graphics and sound), then you can set both of these back to your preferences once you are at the character selection page.

Message 5 of 6 (1,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you a lot. Im on line again. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,348 Views)