Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Scrap the dumb fort

by yesaulTube

Original Post

Scrap the dumb fort

★★★★ Novice

The fort is stupid to many loading screens.Make a fort in freeplay map and move all npc's there. People Can fly to it, change there gear, play while waiting for party for strong hold, no need for dumb launch bay. Better than waiting through 4 loading screens. Let's face it if this were real life your never taking off the suit.

Message 1 of 9 (140 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Seeificare13 wrote:

The fort is stupid to many loading screens.Make a fort in freeplay map and move all npc's there. People Can fly to it, change there gear, play while waiting for party for strong hold, no need for dumb launch bay. Better than waiting through 4 loading screens. Let's face it if this were real life your never taking off the suit.

No. The fort is fine. And you will not avoid loading screens just by scraping the fort.

Message 2 of 9 (120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I like the fort.  I like the characters there, I like watching it change, I like the conversations you can have in the fort.  I wish it was bigger, I wish all but a rare few of the NPC's weren't static, I wish they were interacting with each other naturally, rather than glued to the floor.

The alternative if they didn't have the fort would be the launch bay, that requires a load screen though.  Or they would have to load you into a launch menu, which would require a load screen. 

I would like to see a more interactive fort.  it would be nice if it was somehow tied into the world more seamlessly, but I don't think that it's possible from a technical stand point.  I cant think of any online game of this sort that does that.  every game I can think of uses the hub system.  Warframe only lets you change our suit on the ship for example.  Destiny has a hub to change equipment and load-outs.  No, were stuck with it.  

I also wouldn't want people flying their javelins around the fort and jumping around like idiots while I try to have a heart wrenching moment with an character.

Message 3 of 9 (103 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The fort can be moved to freeplay. Same with npc's know one wants to go through 4 loading screens to forge/mission selection that can be placed in freeplay. Why choose a mission when you can just marker it and fly to it. Your flying to it anyways in freeplay zone mission anyway. Your story will still be there just way less loading screens. You spend more time in loading screens then actual playing the game.

Message 4 of 9 (92 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You must have never played a Mmorpg they do it all the time check out world of warcraft. Check out videos of Tabula Rasa, Star wars knights of old republic. They totally had struggled with with this concept *Sarcasm*. Less loading screens means more playing time less chances of a hard crash, or getting server connection issues. Strongholds should be only loading screens this is 2019 not 2000 cause they are instances where people expect a loading screen. All loot finds can be moved to forge.

Message 5 of 9 (88 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Seeificare13 wrote:

You must have never played a Mmorpg they do it all the time check out world of warcraft. Check out videos of Tabula Rasa, Star wars knights of old republic. They totally had struggled with with this concept *Sarcasm*. Less loading screens means more playing time less chances of a hard crash, or getting server connection issues. Strongholds should be only loading screens this is 2019 not 2000 cause they are instances where people expect a loading screen. All loot finds can be moved to forge.

The MMOs you name were all of the PERSISTENT WORLD variety.  That is to say, the entire world was a single, persistent simulation that every player was dropped into.  It'd be like Freeplay with, say, a thousand Javelins all competing for the same spawns.  The upside is, you get to see more players, and yes, experience fewer loading screens.

The downside is that you get precisely ZERO personal story, as well as zero meaningful interactions with NPCs.  Heck, you don't even get to truly see much character development or exposition with the NPCs, it's all just generic, suits-any-class/gender/race grandstanding.

Also, Tabula Rasa just plain sucked.  I was in the closed beta, it was NOT ready for launch, LITERALLY EVERYONE IN THE BETA SAID THE SAME THING, and ... they launched anyway.  Died off completely in less than a year.  So much potential.  So much waste.  Worse even than Auto Assault ... and that's saying something!

Anthem, on the other hand, is an INSTANCED WORLD game, more akin to Diablo III than WoW.  Seriously, haven't you wondered why you never see more than 2-3 other Javelins roaming about in Freeplay?  It's not because there's only 2-3 other players interested in Freeplay at that moment.  Yes, the downside is more loading screens.

But the upside is the opportunity for more meaningful NPC interactions, as well as more meaningful NPCs at all.

Message 6 of 9 (65 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Personally I hate Fort, partially because of it's dead atmosphere. I don't really feel like to talking with any of the NPCs, it's boring and not engaging. But most importantly, I hate it because of its bad game code design - in most places there I get 30-45 FPS, especially on bazaar. It's crazy. When I enter the game I want to leave it as soon as possible. Launch bay is much better place to be.

Message 7 of 9 (46 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Leave the Fort as is...and if one looks at the map, there could be more to open with more NPC's, a Faction...who knows. It's not bothering anyone. But....if the Fort is ticking players off...maybe just eliminate it, the NPC's, just put out a bunch of recording to listen to, Robbie The Robot Trader to sell & trade with that lovely lively atmosphere that's in Fallout 76.....

Scaping the fort would be like some say..."We need to scrap The Command Center" in The Division....or in Warframe some say..."We need to scrap The Relays"

Message 8 of 9 (39 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Its 2019, it's a multiplayer game I know their is only 4 players well then again. Their is barely 1 the way you get kicked and this game will be shut down way before Tabula Rasa time frames. Your complaining about Assualt lmao. If your game can't hold more than 4 players in multiplayer just hang it up cause face it future of games is in multiplayer EA could have went old school split the screen into 4, there play with 4 local friends or family. Imagine Fortnight 4 players lmao, WoW classic sorry guys we cant do 25 man raids just a 4 player one.its 2019 Anthem story was * almost everyone skipped through it without a care when they could. So moving npc's into a persistent world wouldn't have harmed npc's you really didn't care to hear anymore of. You can lie to your self but you were expecting that persistent world they showed in a trailer with the living world with the walking strider and Javelins jumping and flying out a fort to defend it. But you purchased poop worse than the game you think sucked that didnt have the graphics of todays games and could hold more than 4 players. Guess what other problems it didn't have when one hard crashed it didn't take out everyone with same hard crash your partying. Like Anthem clearly does. That and I bet that game that you think sucked had less refund request, and had pvp. 2019 if you can't learn from the past just close your doors, everyone is looking for the next best game instead we are being sold who can deliver the next worst.

Message 9 of 9 (33 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help