Save your time while trying to get Unbanned

by Impact_Banana

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Save your time while trying to get Unbanned

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

On May 26, 2023, I was banned from the Apex Legends for no apparent reason, despite my insistence that I did nothing wrong.

Long story short: I was casually playing with the boys (gun game or something), and I was good that particular day but suddenly got disconnected (well, that happens sometimes, nothing to worry about). And here is the twist: permanent ban for "cheating". Okay, as I am sure that I wasn't cheating, I wrote the TOS team the same day, next morning, I got the first accusation (yes, it is an accusation if the person is not guilty and you even theoretically cannot prove the opposite):

Spoiler
We got your note and did a full investigation of your account. After reviewing your case, we determined that we took the correct action in accordance with EA policies and procedures.

What this means

We have confirmed that your account was involved in cheating. Because of this, we will not remove the sanction on your account.

You break our rules(https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service#section6) if you:
• use software that interferes with or disrupts an EA Service or another user’s account.
• use undocumented features, exploits or cheats in-game that disrupts an EA Service or another user’s account.
• use software or cheats that disconnects other users from the EA servers.

That morning I was like "really? wft? me, cheating, for real? are you nuts?" and decided to write an appeal (spoiler: it helped less than the previous one), and I got this:

Spoiler
We have received your most recent correspondence expressing concerns about the action that was taken on your account.

After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we again found that we actioned your account correctly after it was found to have violated our User Agreement. We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

Due to this violation, we will not remove the sanction that was applied to your account.

You can review the full User Agreement at http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Okay, I did a review of full User Agreement and TOS:

Spoiler
  1. Violate any law, rule, or regulation: I have always complied with applicable laws, rules, and regulation
  2. Interfere with or disrupt any EA Service or its servers or networks: I have never engaged in any activities that interfere with or disrupt the EA Service.
  3. Use software or programs that cause damage or disruption: I have never used any software or programs that intentionally cause harm to the EA Service or other players' computer.
  4. Interfere with another player's use of the EA Service: I have always respected other players' rights and have never engaged in disruptive behavior.
  5. Harass, threaten, bully, or engage in unwanted conduct: I have always treated other players and EA employees with respect and courtesy.
  6. Contribute or participate in inappropriate or offensive activities: I have never contributed or participated in any activity that promotes inappropriate, abusive, harassing, defamatory, or offensive content.
  7. Publish, post, or distribute illegal or unauthorized content: I have never published, posted, uploaded, or distributed any illegal or unauthorized content
  8. Post messages unrelated to personal communication: I have always used the messaging features within the EA Service for personal communication purposes only
  9. Impersonate an EA employee or representative: I have never impersonated any EA employee or representative.
  10. Properly use in-game support or make accurate reports: I have always used the in-game support features responsibly and have never made false reports to EA staff
  11. Respect privacy and refrain from phishing or obtaining private information: I have never attempted to obtain or phish for any private information from anyone on the EA Service.
  12. Use payment methods and refund systems responsibly: I have always used payment methods and refund systems within the EA Service responsibly.
  13. Refrain from using automated tools or unauthorized software: I have never used any unauthorized software programs, tools, or exploits to gain an unfair advantage within the EA Service.
  14. Use genuine software and content: I have always used genuine software and content provided by EA
  15. Access EA Service only through authorized channels: I have always accessed the EA Service through authorized channels
  16. Respect the terms of account transfer and ownership: I have never engaged in any unauthorized transfer of my EA Account or any associated EA Content.
  17. Comply with applicable export control laws: I have always used the EA Service in compliance with the applicable export control laws of the countries involved.
  18. Use appropriate usernames or personas: I have always used appropriate usernames or personas within the EA Service.
  19. Foster a peaceful, fair, and respectful gaming environment: I am committed to fostering a gaming environment characterized by peace, fairness, and respect.
  20. Use publicly available user information responsibly: I have always used publicly available user information within the EA Service solely for purposes related to the service
  21. Refrain from promoting or participating in prohibited activities: I have never promoted or participated in any prohibited activities described by EA. I request a thorough review of my adherence to the rules and policies of the EA Service, as I believe my actions have always been in accordance with EA's expectations.

Guess what comes next:

Spoiler
We received your latest message regarding the action taken on your account. We have performed all investigations possible on this issue and will not reverse the decision.

Please do not expect further responses on this matter.

Conclusion:

1. Do not waste your time proving anything to this company, as they won't listen or care anyway.
  2. Accept the fact that you can't do anything about it.
  3. Record every game; otherwise, you will lose all your progress for random reasons, and you will not be able to do anything with that (like I did).
  4. Do not link ANY of your accounts to EA; otherwise, if the same happens to you: none of the linked accounts will be able to play Apex (or any other game).
  5. Under any circumstances, do not spend any money on a project where you can be blocked/banned/suspended just because that is a lovely Friday to get blocked/banned/suspended.

P.S.: now I am using a different account, and it works fine despite the same setup... what a surprise (no)

Message 1 of 10 (14,033 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save your time while trying to get Unbanned

★★★★★ Novice

I've been playing using this PC with the same applications for two years and never had any problems (where could those problems come from if these applications are: Discord, Logitec G Hub, Nvidia Broadcast, and HyperX NGENUITY), no scripts, no glitches, no nothing...

I guess my issue will not be ever resolved. In fact, I won't do anything about it because I don't see the point, and I received automated answers ever since my third appeal; because of internal policies, I can't and won't be told the specific reason (and from a security point of view, this is correct) so I could fix it if it was the case at all and something on my PC indeed caused this ban.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (13,996 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hello and thanks for reaching out, unfortunately, we can't help you with account-related issues here on Answers.
Please read more here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here. 

Please keep in mind that using software to gain an advantage is cheating.
Exploiting the game in any way (use a glitch, gain access to areas you are not supposed to reach and more) is a way of cheating.
And sometimes using 3rd party software could be seen as cheating even if they claim that they are "following the T&C".
With this said, I hope your issue is resolved soon and that you have a nice day!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (14,011 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been playing using this PC with the same applications for two years and never had any problems (where could those problems come from if these applications are: Discord, Logitec G Hub, Nvidia Broadcast, and HyperX NGENUITY), no scripts, no glitches, no nothing...

I guess my issue will not be ever resolved. In fact, I won't do anything about it because I don't see the point, and I received automated answers ever since my third appeal; because of internal policies, I can't and won't be told the specific reason (and from a security point of view, this is correct) so I could fix it if it was the case at all and something on my PC indeed caused this ban.

Message 3 of 10 (13,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Impact_Banana +1
The "ToS" team that manages the appeals is just an automated reply system. There are no actual people and nobody handles those appeals at all.
This forum is also useless and just a waste of time. Bunch of "volunteers" that posts random useless copy-pasta that means nothing.
Message 4 of 10 (13,972 Views)

Champion

@AymanDracula 

Keep in mind that support gets a lot of tickets every day.

To cut down on the time it takes to respond to all those tickets, they might use templates.

I get that it makes it look like it's automated, though in most cases it's definitely a human responding to the case.

The only times I would see an automated response is if someone is sending too many tickets.

I know you might be frustrated, but I don't think these volunteers are doing anything useless.

All they're doing is redirect users to the correct place, since account issues (such as bans) aren't dealt with on here.

Message 5 of 10 (13,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

^ Example of what I just said.

That's just empty words.

Message 6 of 10 (13,965 Views)

@AymanDracula 

I am sorry to hear that you feel the way you do. 

Please note that what @XHelperZ mentioned is true. Reports and or ban/suspension/submitted appeal tickets are taken seriously by EA and are handled by actual people not an automated system. With that in mind saying otherwise is spreading false information. 

The forum is not at all useless, it is here for us users to talk about the game/s we love and to provide positive yet sometimes critical feedback on what we like/dislike and or things that are broken.

The volunteers here, are also not useless, many of us have helped and will continue to help other forum members where and when we can. 

Yes we sometimes use some C&P stuff to help us but we also take the time to type things out, like I am doing now. 

With all that in mind every person that comes to the forum with an account issue, like a Ban or suspension, are looking in the wrong place, the ToS team handles that and we provide them with that info and links, because account issues cannot be addressed via the forums. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 7 of 10 (13,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Asmodeus566 more empty, meaningless words.
Message 8 of 10 (13,929 Views)

@AymanDracula 

I actually feel sorry that you feel the way you do. 

Please read the following as this might help you out here on the forum 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranks#rules-guidelines click the title marked USER RULES & GUIDELINES

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 9 of 10 (13,923 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone.

For banned accounts, the info provided here is accurate. We here over the forums do handle appeals with TOS in any way. As the info provided is how to go about appealing, we are going to lock this down as it is starting to take a turn. 

Thank you.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 10 (13,908 Views)