by TheBigBenisMan

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Save File Corrupts Whenever I Exit The Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

Whenever I close the game and go to open it back up, I'm greeted by an in-game window that notifies me that my save file can't be read, and it lets me either try to load it again (which never works) or overwrite it to start over. The first time it happened, after about playing for 30 or so minutes, I brushed it off and assumed that I just got unlucky and it wouldn't happen again - But after a 3 hour session, it corrupted again. Kept trying multiple times after and every time it corrupted.

I've tried

• Repairing the game
  • Reinstalling the game (on to my SSD (was formally on one of my HDDs))
  • Waiting for the game to fully finish downloading before playing
  • Properly exiting from inside the game
  • Exiting the game using alt + f4
  • Running as administrator

I know the game just came out and I never expected to play this game bug free, but this issue is pretty concerning, especially with the preorder release date coming up where I'll officially get the game. I would rather not have to start over every time I decide to play the game again.

PC Specs

• OS - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • CPU - Intel Core i7-6700HQ
  • GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
  • Memory - 16GB DDR4

I'll list more computer information if needed, but I thought that's probably enough for now.

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (1,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save File Corrupts Whenever I Exit The Game

★★★★★ Novice

I found a way to solve the issue, just disable cloud backup from origin. i know it's not perfect, but at least now i can play the game properly

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,492 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, i7 7700k, 16 gb ram, gtx 1070

Message 2 of 7 (1,721 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This issue seems to be pretty rare, good to see that we aren't alone. Before I made this post I had looked everywhere I could think of looking for a solution, but I couldn't find anyone else who even reported this issue.

Message 3 of 7 (1,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did the same, i thought i was alone in this one, but i can't seem to find a solution anywhere

Message 4 of 7 (1,713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I found a way to solve the issue, just disable cloud backup from origin. i know it's not perfect, but at least now i can play the game properly

Message 5 of 7 (2,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I haven't tried it myself, but I'll get to it.

I really hope the issue is still addressed in the future though... At one point or another we'll all be moving on to another computer and it would suck to leave the game data behind. Or maybe if you have to factory reset your computer, or some other reason.

Message 6 of 7 (1,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tryied what you said to do and its still saying me that

Message 7 of 7 (1,467 Views)