Re: Saturated i7 9700k processor unable to stream since update

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Saturated i7 9700k processor unable to stream since update

★★ Novice

Hello,

Do you have problems with an overloaded processor for the i7 9700K processor since the maj of 04-07-2020 (bloodhound event).

Since this update, my processor is 100% overloaded and I can no longer stream or record my games because my processor is out of breath.

I tested different stream software and the observation is the same. When I test my processor is always between 90 and 100%. This is only done on apex, I tested on all the other big games of the moment and the stream as well as the recording is very fluid

Sorry for my english, i'm french ..

Message 1 of 5 (403 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @eP_aXyy

I haven't heard about any particular issues with CPU usage. Have you tried repairing Apex Legends in Origin to see if that helps at all? I'm wondering if there's an issue with the game data that's causing this to happen. 

If you right-click on Apex Legends in your Origin library you should see a Repair option when the menu pops up. Let me know how it goes when you can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (356 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I repaired the game yesterday and the problem persists. All graphic categories are at the bottom.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it's exactly the same problem.

Even without stream / recording software I have micro freeze.
I checked all my components (bio, cpu, gpu, ...) they are all up to date.
Which annoys me greatly to be able to stream on twitch.

Message 3 of 5 (349 Views)

★★ Novice

And now I have this concern in the lobby, they no longer appear..

Message 4 of 5 (345 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @eP_aXyy

The issues with challenges not appearing is something we're currently tracking and investigating. 

When you've got a chance could you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Apex Legends? I'm curious to see if that has any effect on your CPU usage while the game is running. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how it goes when you've had a chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (314 Views)