Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 device not compatible with new update 2/28/18

by CWack11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 device not compatible with new update 2/28/18

★★★ Newbie

With the new update for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes on 2/28/18, my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android version 7.0 is registering with Google Play as device not compatible.  I have tried following previous instructions on making sure the Google Play app is up to date, I cleared the data and rebooted the phone.  Help!

Message 1 of 14 (975 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hello Holotable Heroes,

We’ve been working on the issue many of you reported to us about the Samsung Galaxy S7 being listed as an incompatible device on Google Play. We’ve worked with Google to put a fix in place. You can now download and update Galaxy of Heroes as before on your Galaxy S7. No need for troubleshooting or workarounds.

Thanks for sticking with us while we sorted things out, and thank you for playing with us 😊

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (922 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Ditto.

Message 2 of 14 (953 Views)

★ Novice

Also having this issue. I've also managed to update my phone manually and am now losing out on my noon bonus energy because the game won't launch without a update. Yet I can't install the update, because my device isn't compatible.

Message 3 of 14 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was having the same exact issue. Tried to update on my S7 and Google said my S7 device not compatible.

Update:

I was able to fix my issue with EA tech support help. I did the following:

1. Go into your phone's Settings -> Display -> Screen Resolution: Set to WQHD 2560x1440.
  2. Then go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage: Clear Data and Clear Cache
  3. Then download update or install the game.

Message 4 of 14 (943 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

SOLUTION! Follow these steps to resolve:

Just go to Settings -> Display -> Screen Resolution -> change it to WQHD (2560 x 1440)
after that Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage -> Clear Data and also Clear Cache.

Then update/install the game from the google play store.

Message 5 of 14 (752 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here. Deleted l the cache, data for everything, checked for phone updates, changed resolution, tried reverting Google play to factored version, etc.
Message 6 of 14 (891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks didn't work for me.
Message 7 of 14 (870 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Tried all of that and it didn't work. Its actually been like this since the last big update last year.
Message 8 of 14 (844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

With the new update for Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes on 2/28/18, my Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android version 7.0 is registering with Google Play as device not compatible.  I have tried following previous instructions on making sure the Google Play app is up to date, I cleared the data and rebooted the phone.  Help!

Message 9 of 14 (794 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. Go into your phone's Settings -> Display -> Screen Resolution: Set to WQHD 2560x1440.
  2. Then go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage: Clear Data and Clear Cache
  3. reboot the phone
  4. Then download update or install the game.

Message 10 of 14 (786 Views)