Re: SWtOR launcher won't open

★★★★★ Novice

I'll give it a shot.

And still no luck, unfortunately.

Message 11 of 25 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]

@xCourtJesterx

If you press the windows key and type reliability and open the reliability history , is there anything listed about the time starting swtor ?

There is the below listed in the dxdiag as well but unsure of the cause , it appears to be related to USB driver of some description

Problem signature:
P1: HostProblem
P2: HostTimeout

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 12 of 25 (765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hmm... Doesn't look like SWtOR is on there at all. The stuff for today is pretty much all AMD and Catalyst Control Centre, and when I view all problem reports, Star Wars doesn't show up at all.

The launcher stopped working about half a year ago, mind. And it's been freshly reinstalled several times since then.
Message 13 of 25 (756 Views)

@xCourtJesterx

It is my bed time i'm afraid its near 11pm here, few parting things

If there is issues with AMD and the CCC see if they keep appearing after today, if they do it maybe worth using DDU (Link) to remove all trace of the existing drivers then do another install of the driver linked previously at www.amd.com

the other things that may be worth is checking the Visual C++ install could remove/repair them to see if any affect

Think of the launcher like a webbrowser and it is using the chromium framework , it is possible that even a popup extension installed in your webbowser could interfere with the launcher for example. so disabling all extensions is worth a test as well.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 14 of 25 (750 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@xCourtJesterx I can see you haven't been logging in, so I'll assume that the issue isn't resolved yet.

Could you check the Internet Options via the Control Panel, and from there go to the Connections tab and see if anything is listed in the "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" box. This box is usually empty. Next, click on the LAN Settings button, and in the LAN Settings window, the only option that should usually be checked is "Automatically detect settings", with the other two checkboxes unchecked. If you see a configuration other than what I described, let me know.

You also mentioned trying in Safe Mode, does the launcher still not show up at all in Safe Mode with Networking?

Message 15 of 25 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Everything is exactly as you described it, Kipling. When I start in Safe Mode, it does open but nothing else on the computer works quite how it usually does, due to it being in Safe Mode. And if I remember correctly, I had to download the whole game again on account of me doing a fresh install several times before starting in Safe Mode.

Message 16 of 25 (670 Views)

@xCourtJesterx

Just to check you have tried creating a new admin windows account and trying launcher.exe in that account as a test.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 17 of 25 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have not tried that. I shall try it right now.
Message 18 of 25 (656 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
And nope, still no luck.
Message 19 of 25 (652 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well. Mines been broken for 2 months. The devs of the game need to redesign their launcher and make it more modern and robust. Basically reinstalling the game should fix the launcher issue if its broken which it is! Even if you reinstall basically when u download the game it should install a working launcher for you, not be some backend/backwater thing where u gotta go through firewalls/online settings/ all kinds of other weird backend fixes that don't even work it should just be developed into the game I strongly advise the professionals here that are able to diagnose this issue send this to the developers of the game to remake their launcher into a more modern/robust launchpad hell have them do It atleast by next expansion so more ppl will come back to the game and actually be able to load! ive seen countless supposed fixes for the launcher and workarounds all don't work.. ive been playing pc games for 18 years and never had an issue like this before!

Its serious for this game and needs to be drastically fixed, when its gets broken it seems like there is no fix but to reformat your entire computer and hope it doesn't break again. but like I said that's a problem with the game not with the computer itself as this is the only game with a launchpad that suffers from the issue I play planetside 2 that one uses a launchpad and loads just fine didn't have to play with firewalls or anything I just install the game BAM its been working fine for 5+ years straight no problems. but this game is a whole nother story altogether and it would be a star wars game as a long time ago they wouldn't be the best games out there, maybe mediocre at best due to bugs, etc.

Anyway basically professionals u gotta tell the developers of the game to remake their launchpad to be more like PlanetSide 2 check that game out its free to play on STEAM (VALVe Corporation) and after u install the game it loads a launchpad through steam and u can even download the game as a standalone through planetside 2  website https://www.planetside2.com/home 

think about it professionals at EA! long story short this is the issue and it has a ton of supposed fixes and none of them work tldr:

tldr:

SWTOR launchpad doesn't load and no errors show up when it does not it just hangs in taskmanager if you go to look.

firewalls no go

launcher fix utility no go

deleting * in the folders no go

port forwarding no go

tldr

redesign the swtor launcher to be better. reinstalling the game should fix it. not it installs a broken game for you like what it does now! that's the problem.

Message 20 of 25 (618 Views)