Re: SWTOR crashed and wants to download from scratch.

by sykkau

Original Post

SWTOR crashed and wants to download from scratch.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Oki doki, this is really starting to annoy the * out of me. (excuse the language, but i've had these problems since the launch of the game.)

Here i was playing peacefully for a few hours, untill i get to Tatooine. There it crashed saying it had a C12 error (whatever that is). So i tried to repair the game by deleting the xfr and config folder from bitraider to force verify it. When i opened the launcher, it wanted me to download 80% of the game again.

Oh and not to mention, i spent the last 3 days downloading this silly excuse for a game.  (Cause Aussie net is terrible.)

So my question is, how do i revert it back to its playable state WITHOUT downloading the game again?

Slighty off topic: When i was ingame, the damn GTN wouldnt work on any toon i was on (Yes i'm a sub).

Tried every option to search, came up with no results and it wouldnt let me sell anything either, like it wouldnt even let me put the item into the box to set the price.

Message 1 of 4 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sykkau

its 12:43 qld time go to sleep Cool

Short answer , you will have to let it keep downloading

if it keeps playing up , or given you have to download 80% now

Consider disabling bitraider - directions

See if the GTN works after this repair

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (481 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright, i have decided to download the game again but this time the non-streaming one...

I've already downloaded a 1.68gb, 11gb and 14gb file and now downloading a 4.5gb file... My question is, is there any other big files after this? Cause i'm coming very close to my cap limit.

Also i thought the game was supposed to be like 25-28gb in size... Or am i just downloading some random * again?

Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well that was a short lived 2 days of a sub... I've tried downloading this stupid game 3 times over the past week... Only for it have constant crash to desktop and other problems... This game is not worth playing anymore. It's just gone down hill since last year.

So im not gonna bother with this piece of steaming horse *.

Message 4 of 4 (437 Views)