Re: SWTOR Unreadable GUI

by proxos666

Original Post

SWTOR Unreadable GUI

★★ Novice

I've noticed this happening after the most recent Launcher Update, the gui becomes extremely striated and illegible. I've been playing on a three year old Lenovo Yoga and haven't noticed any issues before Windows 10. Already have KOTFE pre ordered, would be a shame to waste it.

Message 1 of 7 (633 Views)

Hero
Try this first:

Delete the DiskCacheArena file under the swtor directory.

If that doesn't work, then run a repair. Steps are:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case scenario switch to the non streaming launcher if your on the streaming launcher:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location
open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true
SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

I do not take credit for these steps, these are just what I found in the swtor forums from other users like Owenbrooks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 7 (617 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried the reinstall, same results. Really starting to get frustrating.

Message 3 of 7 (604 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you've recently upgraded to Windows 10 it is almost definitely a driver issue. You likely need to update your graphics card driver. 

Message 4 of 7 (602 Views)

★★ Novice

I've tried to update the drivers a few times. The update software says that I am unable to install it because my graphics driver is some sort of custom one. Like I've tried to install the latest Intel Driver (my computer runs on an Intel i5 4400) and nothing happens. Even when it finally does install, there is no change in graphics.

Message 5 of 7 (593 Views)

@SolariusThorn wrote:

I've tried to update the drivers a few times. The update software says that I am unable to install it because my graphics driver is some sort of custom one. Like I've tried to install the latest Intel Driver (my computer runs on an Intel i5 4400) and nothing happens. Even when it finally does install, there is no change in graphics.

Are you doing a clean install of the GPU driver or just an update? If you're just doing the update try the clean install.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 7 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SolariusThorn wrote:

(my computer runs on an Intel i5 4400)

@SolariusThorn

This is a driver issue, best is to set textures to medium it should eliminate most of what is seen currently

This is the latest Windows 10 driver here unknown if it will help at this stage

Release notes say it fixes some corruption issues, whether it is this particular corruption issue I do not know.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 7 of 7 (580 Views)