SWTOR Streched Graphics

by gua543

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR Streched Graphics

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello everyone!

I've been experiencing a strange issue ever since I upgraded my videocard, from GTX 570 to GTX 1060. Basically, the graphics of everything except the UI - menus, quickbars, etc - are stretched. I tried applying numerous solutions - having the nVidia Control Panel override the scaling mode set by the game, and trying pretty much any combination between scaling mode, refresh rate and on what to perform the scaling (display or GPU). Checked the client settings of the game if they match the settings of the monitor - they do. Tried other various solutions, like changing the refresh rate and the display mode of the game. Managed to find a driver for my monitor (LG L1918S), but installing it didn't change a thing. Even tried tinkering with the CRU program, by disabling all resolutions but the one I use, to no avail.

Two more things I need to mention. First, the native resolution of the monitor is 1280x1024, but the game has the right proportions when I downscale it to 1280x768. If it wasn't for the big black lines at the top and bottom of the screen, it would have been perfect. I've attached screenshots, so that you can get a better idea at what I'm talking about. Second, the monitor isn't directly connected to the videocard. I'm using a HDMI to VGA connector. Read somewhere that this can also cause issues.

My question is can anything more be done from the software side, or is it a hardware issue. You can also find the dxdiag attached.

Message 1 of 7 (1,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR Streched Graphics

@gua543 

What occurs if you deselect all the 4:3 aspects and just leave only the 1280 x 1024 5:4 aspect

given your running a 2600k with an nvidia 1060 video card, the gfx would look better on a newer monitor if that is an option, this would fix 2 birds with one stone so to speak, and would do away with the adapter back to HD15 altogether

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,063 Views)

All Replies

@gua543 

Only thing further i can think of is try DSR - Link

The adapter is likely the issue if CRU failed

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 7 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. Enabling DSR and tinkering with the resolutions only resulted in the rest of the 1280xSomething resolutions becoming stretched the same way the1280x1024 is. I'm guessing doing a fresh re-install of the nVidia drivers will get things back to normal i.e. proper aspect ratio but with black lines above and below the picture.

Could it be possible that I'm using the CRU wrong? Is there anything else that needs to be done besides disabling all the resolutions I don't use and using the "restart" script?

Message 3 of 7 (1,099 Views)

@gua543 

There is a box called detailed resolutions this should list the native resolution/aspect

recommend using ddu to remove the video driver

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 7 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Novice

I see. Now I noticed that the native refresh rate is only 60 Hz, while I have set it to 75 Hz through the nVidia Control Panel and the Display Advanced settings. You think that may be causing an issue?

Also, I've added a screenshot of what the CRU is showing me for the display profile that I use (I reverted all the changes I made btw), if you could have a glance and tell me if I could change anything without potentially damaging the monitor, that would be greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 7 (1,068 Views)

@gua543 

What occurs if you deselect all the 4:3 aspects and just leave only the 1280 x 1024 5:4 aspect

given your running a 2600k with an nvidia 1060 video card, the gfx would look better on a newer monitor if that is an option, this would fix 2 birds with one stone so to speak, and would do away with the adapter back to HD15 altogether

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 7 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

@proxos666 

No change again when I deselect all of the other available resolutions. As for changing my monitor - I'm in the process of upgrading the entirety of my PC, monitor included. Unfortunately, someone decided that things that perform good need to be expensive, so I thought I may as well try any software options first, since they're free. Oh well. I'll just wait a couple of months until I replace my current monitor. Thanks for offering guidance though. Hopefully someone will come across this thread if he has the same issue, and who knows - maybe he'll be luckier than I was.

Message 7 of 7 (1,039 Views)