SWTOR Security Key

by MavricKIX

Original Post

Re: SWTOR Security Key

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I have an even worse problem and there seems to be no help for me anywhere. I deleted my app as well, but in order to reset it I need access to my very old email that I no longer have access to because yahoo refuses to help customers. I want to go back to playing swtor, but I don't want to lose all of the money I have already poured into the game. If there is anything you could do to help, it would be greatly appreciated

Message 21 of 44 (3,265 Views)

Hero

@trevferg

You will have to Call them

Contact support by phone

If you need help with your account, encounter an error while making a payment, or are unable to log in to the game, please contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service team by phone.

Contact our team by calling the numbers listed below:

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)
  • UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)
Using VoIP to contact support

You may also use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice, to call Customer Service, regardless of where you are calling from.

International calls made using VoIP are generally far less expensive than calls made from a mobile phone or landline.

Open the VOIP program or app of your choice, then:

If you’re calling for support in English:

1. Set your country to the UK.
  2. Dial 0203 014 1826.

French:

1. Set your location to France.
  2. Dial 04 81 68 10 51.

German:

1. Set your location to Germany.
  2. Dial (0221) 82829212. 

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 22 of 44 (3,253 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This was my solution to the same issue.

Thank you

Message 23 of 44 (3,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue as the OP

I've not been given an option to create a "one time password" either..

Furthermore, I've tried the NA support number via my cell and Skype - I only get a busy signal between the specified hours..  

EDIT: Also attempted to reset my password, just because I figured it couldn't hurt (and who knows if the one I tried was accurate).. Of course I can't reset a password without the security key as well.

Dead game is dead(dead support..) situation or just really bad timing?  Help please?

Message 24 of 44 (3,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure what was going on with the US support line earlier, but it rang through finally.  Customer support got me sorted.

Message 25 of 44 (2,992 Views)

★★ Novice

You are a * saint, I knew I had not changed my SWTOR password since last playing the game and could not for the love of god figure out why it was saying my password was wrong ... but I had changed my origin password. Thank you so much lol.

Message 26 of 44 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any other way to get the security key deleted or is calling support the only option?

Message 27 of 44 (2,058 Views)

Hero

@imparatorsto 

There are only two ways to remove it.  The first is going to swtor.com, click Login and then enter your Display Name, Password but leave Security Key blank.  Then click Login and on the next screen when it asks for your security key, click "Forgot your Security Key?" to then receive an email to remove it.  See this article here for screen shots.

If your not able to manually remove it the yes you would need to call Customer Service to have them manually remove it.  Their contact info and hours of operation are here.  If you have Skype, WhatsApp or another VoIP program, you can call for free or at a discounted rate if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 28 of 44 (2,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@proxos666 This was a lifesaver of a comment. I haven't played in 6+ years and couldn't find my physical SK from my collector's edition. Completely forgetting I merged my SWTOR account into my Origin account.
Message 29 of 44 (1,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

to be honust i thought about getting back into the game. but to see the support is this * i am going to uninstall again. i to am missing my authentication. its been years i used it. and i cant remember my password. why cant this game use the ea code like the rest of its stuff. get with the times. im not calling a help desk in some back watered place. you can set up the page so i can fix my own problem. or you dont get the extra players. your loss.

Message 30 of 44 (1,812 Views)