Re: SWTOR Security Key

by bcegk

Original Post

★★ Novice
I leave the security field blank but I cannot get the "lost security key" page to request a one time password, on any device / OS / browser I have tried. The password should be correct since it works for my linked Origin, display name is correct (I requested a reminder email to double check).

Is there ANY way to get help without calling them? I don't care if it is slow response time or whatever... I just don't see why I should have to call like it's the nineties. ANY wway at all? I would love to see my old characters again.
Is text based / online support offered to paying customers? If I had a second account subscribed and made a ticket, could that help me get my real account back?
Message 31 of 44 (2,215 Views)

@bcegk 

Having a 2nd account will not help 

if the auto removal isn't working for what ever reason, the only way to remove the security key is by telephone/voip to swtor support.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 32 of 44 (2,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

5 years of people hitting the same brick wall and people trying to help by posting the same things that don't work.

Message 33 of 44 (2,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, this is seriously ridiculous.  I can't believe how poorly managed this login system is.  I just thought of getting back into it but because I deleted the key app from my phone, I can't log in with my origin password or anything.  And their phone lines are still closed due to coronavirus.  So, what the heck are people supposed to do now? They should update/fix this system so that people can help themselves without having to make phone calls.  But hey...its EA....

Message 34 of 44 (1,863 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kmav 

Support is per https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Temporary-changes-to-support-options/td-p/8875833/jump-to... st present

If you know the account username and password you can try the auto removal per http://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-security-key-faqs/

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 35 of 44 (1,842 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the link to try to remove the security key. But I can't even get to the step where it says "Lost your Security Key".  I leave the key field blank and try to log in with the display name and my origin/ea password and it doesn't work...says "login failed".  I'm not sure what other password it could be since I thought the EA/Origin and SWTOR accounts were now merged.

I just checked both my display name and the password I am using...they are correct...I can log into EA/Origin's website just fine.  But for some reason, I keep getting log in failed on SWTOR.  This leaves me pretty much stuck...not sure what to try next since I can't reset password without the security key.  Does resetting the EA/Origin password and then trying that work?

Message 36 of 44 (1,834 Views)

@kmav 

Passwords are not linked so no 

if your password is wrong email to support is your only option at present

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 37 of 44 (1,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't get login failed. I get this message: If you don't believe you have a Security Key attached to this account, you'll need to contact Customer Service. My username and password work, but I'm still not getting the option to get a one time password.

Message 38 of 44 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't played in years and this whole thing with a lost security key is making me want to just uninstall it and move on with my life. How is forcing me to make a call any more secure than sending an email or using my cell phone number which hasn't changed in a decade or more.

Message 39 of 44 (1,082 Views)

@DoctorGenius 

if you cannot remove the key per the lost key directions yourself the  support will need to remove the key from the account , to do that you will need to call them when the lines open on monday 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-security-key-faqs/

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 40 of 44 (1,070 Views)