Re: SWTOR Security Key

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR Security Key

★★★★★ Novice

I deleted my SWTOR security key app, and reinstalled but not i have lost my serial number. I can't get the number without logging into the account, and that is the problem. It wont let me log in unless i have the SK.

Is there any way to request a one-time-password, so that i can log in and either remove the SK or to get the serial number so that i can access my app and get the SK from there?

-Thanks

Message 1 of 44 (76,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

You can request a one time password to remove your security key. Go to https://account.swtor.com/user/login and enter in your username and password, and leave the security key blank. Press log in. On the next page click "Lost your security key?" and you will be given instructions to login with a one time password and remove the key. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 44 (86,812 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero
Unfortunately in order to remove the existing security key you would need to contact customer service over the phone. This is something they cannot handle via the forum.

Their contact number is below:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186
UK: (0203) 0141 826
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 44 (76,154 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can request a one time password to remove your security key. Go to https://account.swtor.com/user/login and enter in your username and password, and leave the security key blank. Press log in. On the next page click "Lost your security key?" and you will be given instructions to login with a one time password and remove the key. 

Message 3 of 44 (86,813 Views)

★★★ Guide

And if the cost of a call is an issue, you can use Skype, set your country to US, and use the US number, have conformtation from another thread that that option is free, and will only cost you your time.

------------------------------------------------------------------
alt-maniac extraordinaire
the Harbinger server
too many 65s to count
Imperial and Republic player

NOT an EA employee, just a volunteer here to help
Permanently sleep-depped, runs on caffeine and chocolate
Slightly Sarcastic
Message 4 of 44 (76,149 Views)

★ Apprentice

As Collinc wrote before you can remove your security key by using one time password without calling to the SWTOR support! I want to add that after removing old Security key you can load a programm 'SWTOR SK' by App store/Android and bind it to your account. It's abcolutely free and it will generate Security key for you so you will have additional protection to your account. And as nicely bonus you will grant 150 Cartel Coins each month Standard smile 

Message 5 of 44 (76,125 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem is that the "Lost your security key?" option does not pop up. The only message i get is LOGIN FAILED.

I do not understand why the "Lost your security key?" option does not come up. 

I live in Norway and when I tried calling the UK Customer Service, my call would either close or i would be redirected to the Norwegian State Road Administration.

I will try switching my Skype to the US and try calling their Customer Service.

-Thanks

Message 6 of 44 (76,120 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MavricKIX

When you leave the security blank and login with just username and password, it should go to a page asking again for the security code

The lost the security key is a small hyperlink not a popup it will be located just under where you enter key normally

See - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4532

Edit - if you get login failed then the password is likely wrong

Reset password - https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 7 of 44 (76,118 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the info, but the thing is that i cannot reset my password without the security key.

Message 8 of 44 (76,112 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MavricKIX

If both issues quickest will be to phone

just in case the origin password and the swtor password are linked usually, so if you update the origin password then it will likely override any password set for swtor.

Edit - so could try resetting the password at origin .... there could be a delay between password synchs though

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 9 of 44 (76,107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so very much. I checked if my Origin account is linked with the SWTOR account, and I remembered I changed password a few days ago. That is why the LOGIN FAILED message popped up.

I tried with the new password and i got redirected to the remove Security Key page. 

Thank you again. Thanks to all your suggestions, they really helped me out.

-Thanks

Message 10 of 44 (76,102 Views)