Re: SWTOR Login failed. Security key lost.

by Mephistopheles79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR Login failed. Security key lost.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I would like to play the game again but lost my security key app due to a phone reset.
After I redownloaded the swtor security key app it asked me for a serial number. I found out that I can get my serial number by logging in to https://account.swtor.com/user/login
However, logging in requires the security key that I don't have. I googled and found out that I can set up a new security key on the next page if I just leave the security key field blank. However,  when I try to login by leaving the security key blank, I get "login failed". 

I also tried to reset my password too but the password reset page also needs the security key that I no longer have access to. 

Can someone please assist me?

My SWTOR username is Consensus

Message 1 of 3 (601 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@proxos666  Thanks. I tried that twice now but keep getting disconnected as I am calling from South Africa to the UK and I keep running out of minutes on my phone.

Is there no other method in place to do this without having to make an expensive phone call?

EDIT: Thanks. Nevermind the strike-through text, it seems the progress I did manage to make on the phone was enough to at least be able to remove the security key and reset my password!

Thanks again.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (567 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Mephistopheles79 

You will need to call support to remove the key and get you back in the account

login failed indicates the password is incorrect too and for that support are best and quickest to get this sorted

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@proxos666  Thanks. I tried that twice now but keep getting disconnected as I am calling from South Africa to the UK and I keep running out of minutes on my phone.

Is there no other method in place to do this without having to make an expensive phone call?

EDIT: Thanks. Nevermind the strike-through text, it seems the progress I did manage to make on the phone was enough to at least be able to remove the security key and reset my password!

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3 (568 Views)