SWTOR Launcher - 3.3.2 Patch stuck at 98.15%

by TomHardyisMax

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR Launcher - 3.3.2 Patch stuck at 98.15%

★ Novice

Hello!

I've decided to fire up SWTOR today, the launcher seemed to work just fine until it reached 98.15% in the progress bar. It's been two and a half hours now and there seems to be NO progress at all. I'm getting really irritated now as I've found no fix for this. 

Few things I've tried:

• Reinstalling the launcher using launcherDiag.exe
  • Deleting the BitRaider folder.
  • Changing DNS server settings.
  • Closing and opening the launcher ten times exactly.
  • Running launcher as administrator.
  • Allowing an exception for the launcher in my anti-virus.

I really want to get back in the game, especially with all the cartel market packs being available and the 12XP going on right now and I don't really feel like installing it as my connection is somewhat slow and I won't have any time to play the 12XP event. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (6,295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SWTOR Launcher - 3.3.2 Patch stuck at 98.15%

[ Edited ]
Hero
First make sure launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in your firewall and antivirus safe list.

Next try the following:

1. Run the launcher and log in.
2. Open the task manager on your computer (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
3. Select the Processes tab. On Windows 7, sort by image name and look for any starting with "br", they should be listed as belonging to Bitraider in the description column. In Windows 8.1, scroll down to the Background Processes and look for any Bitraider listings. Right click and end them. Don't worry if they come back.
4. Select the Services tab. In Windows 7, click on the button in the lower right corner that says Services. In 8.1, click the link at the bottom that says Open Services.
5. In the Services window, sort the list by the Name column, and look for BitRaider Mini-Support Service. Right click on it and select properties.
6. On the General tab, about halfway down, there should be a dropdown menu that says Startup type. Make sure it is set to "Automatic". Hit Apply the OK.
7. Close the Services window, the task manager, and the game launcher. Then restart the entire computer.
8. When computer has restarted, run the launcher and log in. The download process should now start properly.

Should be similar steps if on Windows 10.

If that doesn't work, you can also try running a repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case scenario switch to the non streaming launcher:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location
open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

Hope one of these options works for you.

*** I do not take credit for these steps, these are what I have seen posted by other users that have worked to resolve launcher and patch issues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (7,283 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero
First make sure launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in your firewall and antivirus safe list.

Next try the following:

1. Run the launcher and log in.
2. Open the task manager on your computer (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
3. Select the Processes tab. On Windows 7, sort by image name and look for any starting with "br", they should be listed as belonging to Bitraider in the description column. In Windows 8.1, scroll down to the Background Processes and look for any Bitraider listings. Right click and end them. Don't worry if they come back.
4. Select the Services tab. In Windows 7, click on the button in the lower right corner that says Services. In 8.1, click the link at the bottom that says Open Services.
5. In the Services window, sort the list by the Name column, and look for BitRaider Mini-Support Service. Right click on it and select properties.
6. On the General tab, about halfway down, there should be a dropdown menu that says Startup type. Make sure it is set to "Automatic". Hit Apply the OK.
7. Close the Services window, the task manager, and the game launcher. Then restart the entire computer.
8. When computer has restarted, run the launcher and log in. The download process should now start properly.

Should be similar steps if on Windows 10.

If that doesn't work, you can also try running a repair:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case scenario switch to the non streaming launcher:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location
open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

Hope one of these options works for you.

*** I do not take credit for these steps, these are what I have seen posted by other users that have worked to resolve launcher and patch issues.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 4 (7,284 Views)

★ Novice

Tried the first steps, they seem to have worked.

My download went from 98.15% to 92.31% but its progressing. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (6,207 Views)

Hero
Your welcome. Glad it worked out and it got fixed.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 4 (6,188 Views)