SWTOR Graphics Reset on Every Log In

by Nogafett

Original Post

SWTOR Graphics Reset on Every Log In

★★★ Newbie

I've recently reinstalled SWTOR and ever time I log in it resets my resolution to 1024x768 and sets all graphics to lowest quality. I always change the graphics back to ultra and 3840x2160, but it seems like my graphics are reset to a "Default" every time I log in. It's also impossible to get help for a specific issue without being a subscriber.

Message 1 of 4 (542 Views)

Re: SWTOR Graphics Reset on Every Log In

[ Edited ]

Trick i try is when you start the game and it is lowered , press alt + enter a few times to cycle between fullscreen and fullscreen window etc and then set the ingame resolution

try that first and see if that sorts it 

other then that look at the resolution detailed in this guide link in the client_setting file

edit - this is the swtor technical issues forum so not sure why you dont think you can get help ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 4 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! That totally worked! Now do you have any idea what I can do about my graphic settings resetting on me at every log in?

Message 3 of 4 (524 Views)

@Nogafett 

Can you post the contents of the client_setting file , offhand if the ALT + Enter and setting preferences did not solve it there can be a number of possible reasons

one can be the EDID in which case switching monitors as a test the game should behave , the other is if the game cant write to the client_setting file.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 4 (512 Views)