Re: SWTOR: Game stuck in quick play mode at 0.00 % download

by TheBlackWolfSWX

Original Post

SWTOR: Game stuck in quick play mode at 0.00 % download

★ Apprentice

After a long download which lasted a couple days my game finally downloaded and I closed the launcher. Next day I had to wait for launcher to update the game because there was a maintenance so I assumed that was it. Now when I enter the game it shows its in quick play mode, meaning I can only play characters on started planets and that It will download (even though there is no reason because the day before it downloaded fully, or so I think at least) but even after waiting for 30 minutes nothing happens. I already ran the patch repair tool and restarted everything from my PC to launcher. I really need help with this or just with why the game takes so long to download, last time I was downloading it, it took me about 5 hours max and this time I would say at least 40-50 hours which is insane. My other games download even quicker then before and my connection is stable. I cant submit a ticket because I am preferred status and I don't want to subscribe until I see that the game works fine and that I won't waste my money. Please help if you know anything else I could try, Im desperate.

Message 1 of 13 (39,814 Views)

@TheBlackWolfSWX

Try https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Launcher-Stuck-at-0-or-100-Complete/td-p...

and maybe  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Client-Repair-Scan/td-p/6454174/jump-to/...

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 13 (39,740 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks! I used both links and now its not stuck on 0.00 % anymore, game initialized for a while but now I got another problem. After verification it started downloading the second part-finishing download (the one where other planets except starting ones are downloading and it is going very slow. Like 1 % each 1 hour maybe. Its on 30 % now and it took only about 20 mins to get to 28 %. Do you know what should I do now? I don't think downloading the game again (re-installing the whole game) is solution since im pretty sure the same thing will happen but I really don't want to wait 5 days in order for last part of the game to download. Also, when I click play, launcher dissapears and the game doesnt open, I had this issue last time when I downloaded it too but it fixed itself once the game was completely downloaded.

Message 3 of 13 (39,715 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@TheBlackWolfSWX

There's not much we can do for slow patch downloads other than provide advice on how to improve your internet stability and speed. The game is about 38GB total in size.

If you're using WiFi, can you switch to wired? If you're using a Data/3G/4G connection, can you switch to broadband?

Message 4 of 13 (39,705 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am already using WiFi wired and it shows my download speed is 41 Mb per second and yet in the game client it varies from 512 kbps/1024 kbps and there are some short moments where its 3 or 4 mbps.
Message 5 of 13 (39,702 Views)

★ Apprentice

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 13 (39,698 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@TheBlackWolfSWX

I was just going back checking for any unanswered threads and I found this, terribly sorry! Were you able to get after downloading for a while? Let me know if you need any help.

Message 7 of 13 (39,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks..Standard smile
Message 8 of 13 (37,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is 1 thousand years late, but I'll leave it for others to find.

Just go into task manager and end all bit raider tasks works 100%

Message 9 of 13 (32,029 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much, this is what solved the issue for me!! Was getting very frustrated.

Message 10 of 13 (30,133 Views)