SWTOR 4.0.1 Launcher Problems: Reinstalling Main Assets

by XxGiomonxX

Original Post

SWTOR 4.0.1 Launcher Problems: Reinstalling Main Assets

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My launcher has been downloading the Main Assets again for days. I finished the latest update for the game (4.0.1) and closed the launcher to play the next day when I can. the moment I opened it, the game started installing a 12gb file ( Main Assets 1 ) I got so pissed because I have to wait again, I looked for other ways and tried to deal with the problem my self. Then when I got up the next day, The 12 Gb file finished ( FINALLY!) but then it started installing another file, Main Assets 217 which is a heaping 16 gb that I will have to wait for again. I wasted my last few days as being a subscriber waiting for nothing but reinstalling my game after updating. I have a picture of the 217 which I will not waste redownloading once again.

My SWTOR account: Shadow-Mask

Message 1 of 9 (6,701 Views)

Re: SWTOR 4.0.1 Launcher Problems: Reinstalling Main Assets

Hero

First make sure swtor.exe and launcher.exe are part of your firewall / anti-virus safe list.  If it's still not downloading do the following:

1. Run the launcher and log in.
2. Open the task manager on your computer (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
3. Select the Processes tab. On Windows 7, sort by image name and look for any starting with "br", they should be listed as belonging to Bitraider in the description column. In Windows 8.1, scroll down to the Background Processes and look for any Bitraider listings. Right click and end them. Don't worry if they come back.
4. Select the Services tab. In Windows 7, click on the button in the lower right corner that says Services. In 8.1, click the link at the bottom that says Open Services.
5. In the Services window, sort the list by the Name column, and look for BitRaider Mini-Support Service. Right click on it and select properties.
6. On the General tab, about halfway down, there should be a dropdown menu that says Startup type. Make sure it is set to "Automatic". Hit Apply the OK.
7. Close the Services window, the task manager, and the game launcher. Then restart the entire computer.
8. When computer has restarted, run the launcher and log in. The download process should now start properly.

Steps should be the similar for Windows 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 9 (6,646 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahh I guess mentioning that Bitraider was gone from the beginning is quite important, I know my mistake now. Yes I installed it without Bitraider ( SNN on the edited launcher settings )

So the Bitraider stuff are gone on the BG Processes on the task, however; on the services, the BRSptStub ( Bitraider Mini-Support Service Stub Loader ) is still there and I set that to automatic ( I'm not sure if this was right, but I thought it was that )

Okay but I did try the steps but this time it seemed to have reverted to a previous look of the launcher displaying Update 3.3.2 on the patch notes and continuing the Main Assets 217 download from where it last went off.

I'd like to thank you though for the help so far Standard smile

Message 3 of 9 (6,635 Views)

@XxGiomonxX

In the game folder is a log folder can you attach the most recent log

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 9 (6,632 Views)

★★ Novice

@proxos666

Here is the log of my most recent login and etc.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 5 of 9 (6,623 Views)

@XxGiomonxX

The promos error is likely AV/Firewall related , and that may also be the cause of the download stall , you also had a issue with login but other then that this is saying you are downloading 216 and you are exiting the download ? what occurred at 0821 ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 9 (6,603 Views)

★★ Novice

@proxos666

The login errors might be my mistype of the password.

Those Assets I let download, I thought they were updates after a certain maintenance, because they were small files >40mb , and my friends said there were updates. But I started noticing an update everytime I opened my SWTOR thinking it was something to do with the servers or something. Then this one night I opened it, it began a 12gb update and wondered what it was, I looked online but couldn't find an exact or proven solution ( I didn't explore too much because It was around 2-4am and I had to get up early for reasons ) so I let the download go instead. The time I woke up and checked on it, the problem began with the 16gb.

I'm not sure about the Firewall/AV problem but It is and still is through the firewall.

Message 7 of 9 (6,592 Views)

[ Edited ]

@XxGiomonxX

If it is persisting try the repair utility here or run the setup from www.swtor.com/download back over the top of that install , you may need to check the launcher.settings file that it is still on SSN before launching to be sure it stays non streaming.

hard to say what has occurred , once the download starts it is best to let it finish first (if it does and look at the logs from there.

The download stall listed in the log if it has only happened once can be ignored, if it stalls continually though then need to look at why , and maybe related to what is happening.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 9 (6,586 Views)

★★ Novice

@proxos666

Alright, Thanks for the help so far though Standard smile
I appreciate the efforts and I will try to use the utility

Message 9 of 9 (6,580 Views)