Re: SWTOR-1st LOADING SCREEN ERROR-

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWTOR-1st LOADING SCREEN ERROR-

★★ Novice

Hey Guys.

I logged out of my Game as usual,yesterday and right after that it got stuck into the Loadingscreen back to the MENU so i thought it's just one of those "usual" bugs which pop up sometimes.

So i just closed the Game and logged in later, a couple hours after that happened.

I clicked "PLAY" and the Loading Screen popped up, it processed for a little bit and then it stopped responding and the System ERROR by Windows POP up as usual if Programs are not responding anymore.. so the 1st Thing i did, trying to solve it.. was *DELETING* Bitraider and let it catch up on redownloading the newest patch. The Problem still occured. 

After that, i decided to just re-download the Game and as soon as the "MINIMUM-Download" was done, i clicked to play just out of curiosity and was actually able to get thru to the MENU and play my newest character, on one of the Starter Worlds.

Then i logged off and opened up the Launcher again to finish up on the Download.. and today.. i tried to log in again and the same Problem just occured again.

I'm really not looking forward to download the whole Game again.

I hope, there's some Help out there.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 7 (1,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hey! Thank you, alot. 

Sorry for the late Reply at that Point after all what you've been writting down, trying to help me.

In the End i just restored my whole Machine and it worked again! 

see you

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (947 Views)

All Replies

@tytlocke 

Can you provide a dxdiag per this guide link as well

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 7 (1,077 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 7 (1,067 Views)

[ Edited ]

@tytlocke 

That system is technically below the minimum game requirements, the dxdiag displays the crash but not a cause

Saying that try this video driver at this link it is newer then the one you have now

Try and close all background apps and processes not needed, ensure launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in all the exception lists for the antivirus and firewall and see if any change 

Edit - can you check all windows updates are done there was a version that had crash issues with swtor too,

the dxdiag displays as 10.0, Build 17134  yet mine for example is 10.0, Build 17763

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 7 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey, I did all that but it didn't help.. and i used to play the Game in ULTRA Settings so i'm sorta surprised that it might be that issue why its not working anymore. i knew the laptop wouldnt be the perfect device to play any games in this case but it was FLUENT on ultra :/
Message 5 of 7 (1,048 Views)

@tytlocke 

Re run through the repair steps per this guide link

Also with the game completely closed go to :\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor and delete just the file called diskcachearena

also ensure there are no programs inserting a 3rd party overlay like with mumble etc hence closing all background programs while testing.

place the game into window mode as detailed below

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time 

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok 

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

Open the client_settings.ini file in notepad and ensure the following are displayed within 

Fullscreen = false
D3DFullScreen = false
RefreshRate = 60

Check NativeHeight, NativeWidth, Height and Width ( all 4 ) match your monitor resolution.

Save and close the file.
Start the game as normal.

set the game shortcut as indicated 

swtor.PNG

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 7 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! Thank you, alot. 

Sorry for the late Reply at that Point after all what you've been writting down, trying to help me.

In the End i just restored my whole Machine and it worked again! 

see you

Message 7 of 7 (948 Views)