SWHoG : Can't link account back

by Lyne_Astray

Original Post

SWHoG : Can't link account back

★★★ Newbie

My iPad is too old and then app won't update, so I can't launch the app and recover my account. Sadly back then I didn't have a Facebook account so I have nothing connected to it ( or maybe game center but this ipad is the only Apple Device I have )

Any help ?

Message 1 of 3 (414 Views)

Re: SWHoG : Can't link account back

Community Manager

Hi @Lyne_Astray

When your game isn’t linked to an account, you’re playing your game anonymously. Without linking to an account, you don’t have a way to backup your game saves anywhere other than to your device. All of your saves are local to your device. This has some drawbacks:

• You can only play your game on the device you created it on.
  • You can lose your game progress due to factory resets, major OS updates, deleting/reinstalling the app, and other glitches.
  • Game progress loss is permanent. We cannot recover game data for anonymous accounts.

If there's a chance you have backed it up to your App Store account, the support team may be able to help. Contact them through EA Help with your Player ID and Ally Code so they can find your account and assist further from there. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 3 (387 Views)

Re: SWHoG : Can't link account back

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Thank you for your answer, and yeah I think it might be linked to game center by any chance, but I don't know my old ID..

And since I can't launch the game, I can't find it.

I could have a way to find it by calling someone who friended me back then but idk if I'll be able to join him

Message 3 of 3 (341 Views)